ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts on the game and the season as a whole

Rainman718

Sooner starter
Nov 23, 2014
OKC
Not that we need another one of these threads, but I’m working through some stuff here.
So first the game, I thought the team played great overall in the first half. The defense played well in the 2nd half and I think were thrown some things early by osu that was different from film (tempo and taking deep shots early). As for the offense, Riley has got to figure out how to get the offense out of the mud. Officials didn’t help and I’m sure if the game was called both ways that the offense would have looked slightly better in general. I don’t care what anyone says, don’t listen to the local media in regards to last night’s game. They will not tell you what you want to hear. Osu was not the better team and IT IS obvious the big 12 sent a message to OU that they’re no longer welcome here.
As for the season, it was a disappointment. We were expecting the CFP, possible undefeated season and a heisman winning QB. And yeah, that didn’t happen. I’m not calling for anyone’s heads, I will name names however, but I think Riley is at a crossroads here. He can stand pat and be loyal to his guys and likely continue to come up short. Bedenbaugh is at the top of my list for guys looking for a ride out of town. And honestly he’s the only one on my list. Also it is time for Riley to hire someone to run his offense and call the plays. I think the team will be better if someone else adopts his scheme/design whatever and puts their own spin on it each week, while Riley can yell at someone for not running the ball enough. I think this year finally let’s everyone know that the playoff should be expanded. I see comments on Twitter about “how great this week is in college football.” And yes it’s always great when teams have to play games that matter. I’m a big fan of getting rid of playing FCS schools and splitting the G5 and P5 into 2 divisions and also not allowing cross division play. If the worst team OU plays going forward is Missouri, how much more watchable/exciting are the games? (Teams like Kansas and Vanderbilt are relegated in this scenario)
And finally, the LSU rumors. I think most fans believe(d) them to be BS and hopefully last night’s statement put an end to that. I do hope that LR was leveraging a bit of money not necessarily for himself but for a better support staff.

Reactions: schooner9
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News