ADVERTISEMENT

My lifelong dislike for the Michigan Wolverines

22LR

Sooner signee
Dec 1, 2015
I was born about five minutes from The Big House in '58. Growing up between Detroit and Ann Arbor, I endured "M Go Blue" way too much to where I wanted to gag each time I heard it. When I reached an age of accountability, I became a fan of the Huskers just because it got under the skin of the Michigan fans, grads, friends and family. I wore the Big Red N almost everywhere I went. I wasn't as big of a Husker fan as I was a hater of U of M.

That all took place up to the time after college and I moved to Oklahoma in 1980 and finally actually became a huge fan of a great school and athletic program. Yeah, yeah, I didn't go to OU, but the arrogance of little brother fans up in The Stool helped drive me toward becoming a Sooner fan. All that time, and up to last year, I STILL could not stand Michigan. Whenever Ohio State played them, I could never root for the Buckeyes and wanted a bottomless sink hole to swallow both teams during the games.

So here it is, the day Texas goes to Ann Arbor. Kick off is just 2.5 hours away. And for some odd reason that seems surreal and like a weird dream, I'm thinking PLEASE LORD, LET THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINES KICK THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THE WHORNS TODAY AND SHUT THEIR MOUTHY, ARROGANT PIE HOLES.

Thank you very much.

r568155_1296x729_16-9.jpg

I can only think of 2 times I ever rooted for Texas. Against USC and recently last year against Bama. I felt dirty as hell.

As for Michigan, I have to admit they are one of the top 3 teams I root for outside of OU.

Reactions: 22LR and iasooner24
I had always hated the b1g but kinda tolerated Mechicken since my HS in Tul (Nathan Hale) had the same tune for it’s fight song and we had a good team throughout and OU whipped Mish for a Natty on 1/1/76.
Now the whole mess is ridiculous after adding SCum and other pac schools.
Beat texsa !

Reactions: 22LR
I had always hated the b1g but kinda tolerated Mechicken since my HS in Tul (Nathan Hale) had the same tune for it’s fight song and we had a good team throughout and OU whipped Mish for a Natty on 1/1/76.
Now the whole mess is ridiculous after adding SCum and other pac schools.
Beat texsa !
I went to Eli Whitney!

Reactions: iasooner24
So far Mich getting manhandled by Texas and Hogs running at ease vs OSU.

Texas up 7-0 but could be 14-0 if not for a holding call that lead to a missed FG by Texas.

Michigan sucks. How embarrassing at the half.
The 2 premier games are not good. Texas looks the talk though while OSU is just getting walked over. If it continues these Hog fans are going to be unbearable to be around at work this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT