ADVERTISEMENT

My Final Four Convo Tonight...

magnoliasooner

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2009
Texas
For those unaware, I live amongst hardcore Ole Miss fans - a team I have no love lost for. My friends are suite owners/private party invitees/large boosters.

So, after their lackluster defeat of ATM, which is obviously in locker room turmoil, the Rebel Black Bear faithful that I have cocktails with are convinced that if they win out - with two losses - that they would get in the FBS final four.

I disagreed. I told them that given that they won out and won the SECCG, that there are 4 teams in the Big 12, two teams in the PAC12, 3 teams in the Big 10, and 2 teams in the ACC - also a Notre Dame, and AAC Champion - that potentially have zero or one loss. So if 4 of those are at zero or one loss, there is no way that an Ole Miss with 2 losses, including one to Memphis - which might be the AAC champion with no losses and a win over them - will be put in the final four.

I was alone in my assessment - which I thought was a logical thought. They unanimously thought that the SEC champion with 2 losses (and not an Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia - mind you - but Ole Miss) would trump one of the 4 teams with zero or 1 loss from the other conferences.

Nearly lost my mind...they are so much worse than Texas fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.