ADVERTISEMENT

My biggest Takeaway...

dmackey13

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2008
I'm watching UK v UGA and watched a lot of USC v LSU and one thing PROGRAM wise that I am extremely fearful of is our sheer lack of physicality.

I'm not talking strength where we look weak. Or even size were we look small. I'm talking about how physical we are whistle to whistle. My one exception being our dline and Stuts.

I don't wanna touch on players too much as I'll do so in Ten Thgts...( hilarious someone said we played so bad last week I left out the "ou" 😅)

But program wide...we don't look physical to me. Our oline don't move people and I feel like technique wise they aren't trying very hard. I know..I know..I said the oline played the best as a position group last week (I still stand by that having watched that game 3 times) but the ceiling is low or at best extremely inconsistent.

I watch our back 4 on defense and I simply see too many guys not physical enough in coverage or tackling. 3 and 4 are probably the most physical and I'm really starting to like him, but to me it feels like guys are playing at 88% or so and not fully pulling the trigger.

I'm watching these games and guys are full throttle and triggering at all positions. Rbs dishing. Offensive and defensive linemen mauling. Backers form tackling and even wrs or dbs on the edge with sheer malice going on on the outside.

Anywho...just a first glance observation that I feel is pertinent going into a game (idk if you've seen the UT score 😬) where I PROMISE you Hype is coming with full intention to get a standing ovation during pregame and then to Kick. Our. Asses. for 4 quarters. Zero "quarter" (full pun intended) will be provided. I don't pick Ls until we lose, but we will have to play a whole hellofa lot more physical if we want to win that game. They'll be chomping at the bit

Ten Thgts...in the am
We're recording our Post Game this evening

Also..I talk my shit and clearly voice my opinions. But I also respect everyone and there's, especially if u back it up. But don't disrespect me. I will respond in kind and probably worse. And if u wanna rebutt, please do so with receipts. I aint perfect, and they damn sure don't pay me a coach's salary. I'll admit if I'm wrong or had a bad take. Ofherwise...talk yo shit too. I like mixing it up.

#Boomer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.