ADVERTISEMENT

Moser: 'This is an NCAA tournament team'

BPrzybylo

Sooner starter
Nov 20, 2017
Everything Porter Moser said from postgame regarding OU's tournament chances.

We shall see come Sunday.

PORTER MOSER: I can't say enough about this group staying together through adversity, through a tough injury, through some losses.

I can't say enough about how they stuck together, fought to get better, fought to practice, fought to stay positive, blocked out outside noise, and controlled what they could control.

Playing a high-level team every night, you know, Oklahoma State, West Virginia at Kansas State, Baylor, Texas Tech, these last two. You're talking about top two-line teams, and I can't say enough about this group and how resilient they were.

At halftime everybody is watching these games and everybody has to win games, and not everybody has to play a Texas Tech defense or a Baylor defense. These guys were down 11, and we talked about getting back and guarding ourselves.

The way we played defense in the second half and what we did against their defense trying to move the ball, I can't say enough about this group's resiliency and how good of a group this is and how much of an NCAA tournament team this is.

PORTER MOSER: The positives are strength of schedule. We didn't shy away from our schedule. Our strength of schedule. I think it was 4 this morning, and now we just played another line, so it could move up. It was 4.

The ones that were ahead of us were Kansas State and West Virginia because we were in the mix with them. I think we have 10 or 11 Quad 1 or 2 wins. We have wins against the top line. We played another top-line team, Kansas, twice, to a two-point game, three-point game at Allen Fieldhouse.

This league is like none other. There is no bottom. It's every night and you're playing against top, top level teams. And we have competed every night. We've won those games. I've been in the NCAA Tournament. I've advanced in the NCAA Tournament. I know what an NCAA Tournament team looks like.

This team, how we have competed against top-line teams to beat Baylor -- I listen to a lot of the experts. They talk about, Oh, this team has to win to get in. Well, they don't have to play Baylor and some of this.

I just want to -- this group has the DNA of an NCAA Tournament team. They're resilient. They've stayed together and we've won these games late. We fell short today against an elite team by 1.

PORTER MOSER: I will add this, too, in terms of looking at it, what it is, you know. The teams that are eligible for the NCAA Tournament, so exclude Oklahoma State. Our losses are all except two from tournament teams. All the losses we have are tournament teams, except two.

One was an overtime loss and one third day of our MT to a veteran older team, top-60 team.

Some might say a number of losses, but Kansas twice, Texas Tech twice, you're competing against that, but we still have top line wins. Arkansas is competing for the top in the SEC, we beat them double figures. We just beat Texas Tech double figures. We just beat Baylor. We have some other really good wins. I know how we can compete against these top teams. When you look at the average net loss of our losses, it's 31, that's outrageous, some of these are very high.

For us, I just want to talk about the positives of our team. I look at this, this has the DNA of an NCAA Tournament team. I've been there. The thing that these guys should hang their hat on is the resiliency this time of year. How they came together. This team literally -- the practice, the preparation, what they're doing, you know. We had our backs, went into Kansas State -- Oklahoma hasn't won at Kansas State in nine years. Then we said, we gotta win one in the tournament. We played Baylor, top 3 team in the country, we beat 'em. These guys can hang their head high, proud, and I hope others recognize that on Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News