ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Notes...

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
Alright guys, got a few things to go over here...

Howland sounds like he is coming down to Iowa and Oklahoma with both sides seeming to feel fairly confident at the moment. We'll see what happens but this is a very interesting storyline and could have resolution very soon - maybe today, maybe tomorrow. Either way in the next week I think Oklahoma will know it's verdict with Howland.

One of the key pieces of Oklahoma's offensive skill recruiting is their pursuit of Smothers who I'm told really enjoyed his Florida State official visit last weekend and that the Seminoles have moved into his top two, alongside Oklahoma. North Carolina State can't be overlooked but it feels like it could come down to Oklahoma and Florida State though I'm not yet sure of the timeline of that decision.

He is set to announce on Friday and though Oklahoma got his first official visit - a month to the day of his commitment date - I do not expect the Sooners to be the choice here. My guess is home state North Carolina but I am not sure of anything - still checking around.

Last night I had some conversations that made it clear that his official visit to Missouri went incredibly and that the Tigers might actually make a run at the Sooners - something that neither Michigan nor Miami seemed to feel was possible. I admit it was the first time I wondered, could this guy maybe not go to Oklahoma?

Well, this morning I spoke to a few sources and while Missouri isn't sure of anything, there's still a lot of confidence around Norman. I continue to like where Oklahoma is but I won't lie it is more interesting than I had ever expected it to be.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News