ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Notes...(UPDATE: 10:34a)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 10:34a - So I've spoken to a few sources today and it sounds as though Oklahoma is on the outside looking in on Bear Alexander. The Sooners are a team he has liked and he has a good relationship with Calvin Thibodeaux and co. but, while I don't know exactly what he is going to do, I have a feeling it's not any of the options everyone thought he was going to do.

ORGINAL: I know many of you all have had some questions since both Bear Alexander and Raleek Brown announced that they would be announcing well...Brown did and Alexander left a bit of a vague feeling in his words.

Well, we'll start with Brown, I've had a prediction in for the Sooners for more than five months now but let's be honest there's been a lot of buzz about Alabama and a few others for the elusive do-it-all prospect from mighty Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei. However, when I started checking around to get the temperature for Brown's situation there has been a lot of late groundswell for the Pac12, just a general feeling of 'staying close to home'.

That being said, I talked to one well connected source and very much got the feeling of confidence eminating for the Sooners.

My bet remains strongly on Oklahoma and it's going to take something sizable to change that.

With Alexander, I've not heard anything concrete but there has been a lot of Texas A&M talk as of late. If he's planning to announce I'd probably lean to the Aggies though I think any decision of his is going to result in plenty of bouncing around in the coming months.

Honestly that could be true of either player.

But the one decision I'm confident is going to happen certainly feels good for the Sooners at the moment IMO.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News