ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Notes...(UPDATE: 10:25a)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 10:25a - I've continued to talk with people this morning and I finally feel good enough about Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) Cardinal Gibbons defensive tackle Ahmad Moten to put in a forecast for him.

It sounds like Miami and Iowa State still have hope for R Mason Thomas but Moten seems to be a guy you all can feel good about at this point.

ORIGINAL: Alright guys, have been on the phone a bit tonight and it sounds as though a few things are starting to clarify a bit.

First we'll start with the good news and then face some seeming bad news.

In hearing from some Miami sources it sounds very much like confidence is waning in the Hurricanes chances of a late win with teammates R Mason Thomas and Ahamad Moten.

And with that in mind I think the Sooners could be ready to close with a pair of Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) Cardinal Gibbons products and landing a few guys that have been key to their efforts over the last month as Brent Venables, Todd Bates, and Miguel Chavis continue to try and make additions along the defensive line.

As for the bad news? It feels as though Lawndale (Calif.) Leuzinger pass rusher Kevonte Henry is trending in the wrong direction.

The defensive end visited Arizona this weekend and the Wildcats have had a lot of success landing some elite talents in the Los Angeles area and it's starting to feel that Henry could be the next.

In his case, as well as the Florida guys, I'm not ready to say it's a done deal but all there are trending in a clear direction - and I guess take some solace in that we're hearing the Sooners could close with 2-out of 3?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News