ADVERTISEMENT

MO State game....PPV ?

Does OU still have the coaches' show after each game on Sunday or Monday with the full game replay?
If it's still showing, why not watch it on Sunday or Monday ? It's a $54.99 savings and you still see every play along with replays within an hour's time.
When I lived in Houston up until 1986 and up until three years ago here in Connecticut, I watched the replays on Monday by using my DVR recording option. Therefore, I saw every game in full along with replays and coaches' and players' interviews.

Does OU still have the coaches' show after each game on Sunday or Monday with the full game replay?
If it's still showing, why not watch it on Sunday or Monday ? It's a $54.99 savings and you still see every play along with replays within an hour's time.
When I lived in Houston up until 1986 and up until three years ago here in Connecticut, I watched the replays on Monday by using my DVR recording option. Therefore, I saw every game in full along with replays and coaches' and players' interviews.
I’ve done the same thing every year of the PPV era, but I got burned last year as there was no replay of the South Dakota game up here for the first time (I’m on Cox & have the Fox College Sports package, fwiw.) Every other game last year had multiple replays, be it on Fox or ESPN, but not that one.

Not sure how it affects this, but I just found out yesterday that my tv carrier, Frontier, has dropped the five local FOX Sports channels that I paid extra for. I'm a little pissed.

All local pro teams, but almost all OU teams are on those channels.

I know the PPV is in cooperation with FOX sports.

article in TW...

OU's opener is on pay-per-view, and the price tag may keep fans away

Bill Haisten Sep 3, 2020

f you access the live feed from SoonerSports.tv or any of the SoonerSports apps, the Missouri State-OU football pay-per-view cost is a whopping $54.99.

Other recent OU football pay-per-views also went for $54.99, but those telecasts did not occur at the six-month mark of a pandemic that has impacted the income of tons of Oklahoma households.

Most fans happily would pay $29.99 to see a 63-6 type of mismatch. In 2020, a lot of those fans may be unwilling or unable to part with $54.99.

Last year’s South Dakota-OU pay-per-view was priced at $54.99 on SoonerSports.tv. So was the Akron-OU 2015 pay-per-view. The 2013 opener matching OU and Louisiana-Monroe was a $40 pay-per-view.

The attraction in 2015 was that Baker Mayfield made his first start as the Oklahoma quarterback. The attraction on Sept. 12, for the 6 p.m. meeting of the Sooners and FCS Bears, is that Spencer Rattler makes his first QB start for Lincoln Riley.

If you’re a Cox Communications cable subscriber, you won’t have to pay $54.99 for Missouri State-OU. The Fox Sports-produced telecast is available to Cox customers for $39.95. For Tulsa- and Oklahoma City-area subscribers, the game is carried on channel 505.

54.99 is a steep chunk for a mediocre scrimmage. I will have to see if my financial advisor (wife) approves this expenditure...

KC

Personally I just we t ahead and paid for the $79.95 package where you get the PPV game plus the premium content at Soonersports.com. It gives me access to watch games I may have missed due to my grandson playing fall baseball and grandaughter playing volleyball.

So good to see you. Does that site include archives and such to all things Sooner only or is there much more or ? Sounds like a good investment to me in these crazy times.

Last edited:
So good to see you. Does that site include archives and such to all things Sooner only or is there much more or ? Sounds like a good investment to me in these crazy times.

it use to have quite a bit back logged games to view on it. Last year I think they changed things up some as I wasn’t able to find many of the older games on there. Maybe I just wasn’t looking in the right spots.

i use it mostly to rewatch games from the current season as they are usually posted on the day after but it requires a premium membership to view those. It also comes in handy for me to be able to watch the Basketball, baseball and softball games if I miss listening to or watching due to my work schedule or my grandkids playing ball. Many of the softball and baseball games are carried on the sites live when not on actual networks. They are viewed on SoonersportsTV

as far as “Insider news” its usually isn’t all that much you can’t find elsewhere. To me its worth the money for my use but might not be for others.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1
KC

Personally I just we t ahead and paid for the $79.95 package where you get the PPV game plus the premium content at Soonersports.com. It gives me access to watch games I may have missed due to my grandson playing fall baseball and grandaughter playing volleyball.
I jumped through several hoops to try to get that same package. But they wouldn't accept my credit card. For whatever reason, this happens to me every year. But this year, If I don't get it done, I doubt I'll be able for fund a sports bar to watch, since they're going to be limiting their numbers.

I jumped through several hoops to try to get that same package. But they wouldn't accept my credit card. For whatever reason, this happens to me every year. But this year, If I don't get it done, I doubt I'll be able for fund a sports bar to watch, since they're going to be limiting their numbers.

Plaino

yea I think the site sometimes acts up. When I paid for mine yesterday at first I got the message “Something went wrong”.But then got an email showing my card went through afterall. You can always call them and do it that way. Its through a company called “Sidearm Sports”

BTW, this is basically what you get with the complete package

Subscribe for access to full-game archives for all Sooner sports, weekly coaches shows and select live events, including the 2020 pay-per-view game vs. Missouri State! SoonerSports.tv is available on desktop and mobile devices, and on the SoonerSports apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Apple TV and Amazon Fire. This package automatically expires on Aug. 27, 2021.

For the record here is the game archives they have to watch.

Have not seen much from the KC Sooners group so I am going to bite the bullet for this enhanced scrimmage...no guarantees on how deep this season goes.

Will DirecTV carry it as a PPV game? If so, how much and what channel?

Directv will carry the game on channel 787. You are usually able to order it the day before the game. It will cost between 40-50 I imagine.

I finally was able to get signed up for the $79.99 package for a year on the site, and the game on Saturday. It took about five tries, mostly because they had my old credit card, which got hacked last year and I had to change. The site was pretty stubborn about me using that now non existent card. Then it didn't like me because I didn't put United States on my address. And the notification for that was not easily seen. But now I can watch the game on my laptop, hooked up to my tv.

It's the best way, I believe, to see the game. Or at least to pay for it. With COVID, hard to find sports saloons willing to pay to carry it, because they can't fill up the place. I just want to see some football. And with Bobby the frisky motorcycle boy Petrino coach Coaching Missouri State, they'll challenge us for at least a while, I'd suspect. I want to see all these new young guys in a crimson uniform.

Plaino

Glad it worked out for you. Even though I paid for I will have to watch a majority of it on playback as I had things come up. i might get to see a little bit of it live but not all of it.

This game should be over by the half unless OU just goes half ass.

Last year, you could certainly watch bits and pieces on Riley's Sunday show, and a little on Tuesday. But last year, l don't believe that there was any full broadcast replay to watch.

I think Joe C read on the fan sites like this that a lot of people had that strategy, and it was costing the D of A some money. And so he "taught us a lesson." There was some complaining here about that. Hope you get to watch.

Hmm I had no issues last year being able to watch the full replay but I always re-watched it the following day when they posted it. But yes by the next week the game could only be viewed with a shorter replay version.

I will be able to watch some tonight from my phone until we head back home. Right now I am watching Ark St giving KSU fits.

The Bi-g XII crew is letting A State mug the Wildcat receivers. And they can't run the ball. KState might lose double digits. ASU right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT