ADVERTISEMENT

Mixon Suspended

There's a lot worse happening around the country than a young guy getting upset over a parking ticket. I know Joe has a bad incident hanging over him but it doesn't mean he's never get upset about something. People have bad says. Emotions are hard to control sometimes.

Doesn't matter who we're playing. The punishment doesn't fit the crime here. Should his incident as a freshman play into everything he does for as long as he's a Sooner?

Welcome back... need more details to know what he did other than tear up a ticket... and then there is the "team rules" aspect... we had strict rules about how long our hair could be in high school. It didn't matter who you were. You didn't even see the sidelines in street clothes if you violated any rules. So I can understand the suspension. I don't agree with the persecution based off of another incident that has been duly processed. The idea that he should leave for the NFL is silly. That is his decision to make...

The media most certainly will never give him a break on anything wrong that he does because of his past, thats how they are. I said this earlier that perhaps he has had some other minor infractions that only he and some Coaches and players know about be it late to a team meeting, late to classes goofing off and not practicing hard etc who knows, maybe Bob had enough and just gave him a game suspension over this to send a message. We will never know exactly.
Regardless of how we feel or how Mixon feels, or who the opponent is tomorrow night, Stoops is making the right call for his program and OU.

Regardless of how we feel or how Mixon feels, or who the opponent is tomorrow night, Stoops is making the right call for his program and OU.

Is that how you feel when the screen shows Mike Stoops in the press box screaming?

Bob did the right thing by suspending Mixon considering the past incident and this latest show of disrespect, borne out of entitlement and frustration. It will be interesting to see what Riley can dial up with Adams, Montgomery and Flowers at RB and keep the offense effective and the defense off the field.

Reactions: CTOkie and Oklabama
Wait. He didn't throw a punch? I'd say he's improving. Take a game off, heal up a bit, and get back at it kid. You have a shit ton of RBs coming out this year, all lookking to be the next Zeke Elliot in the draft. You have a ways to go yet.

There's a lot worse happening around the country than a young guy getting upset over a parking ticket. I know Joe has a bad incident hanging over him but it doesn't mean he's never get upset about something. People have bad says. Emotions are hard to control sometimes.

Doesn't matter who we're playing. The punishment doesn't fit the crime here. Should his incident as a freshman play into everything he does for as long as he's a Sooner?

Good to see you posting BC.

Yes, I think so. His freshman issue was a biggee. He served his time/punishment but it also comes with probation as long as he wears the OU jersey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT