ADVERTISEMENT

Mixon Again?

What is the matter with some of these athletes? What universe are they living in?

What is the matter with some of these athletes? What universe are they living in?
The entitlement universe.... starting early in life (before college).
This makes them believe they are above any negative scrutiny or responsibility for their actions and has fans make BS excuses for any misdeed.
I expect a mild punishment now (similar to 2014) with the Super Bowl a week away. The NFL allows bad behavior these days.

Reactions: CalSooner
Charges dismissed and pending further investigation.

And I think we've all see the video of his incident in Norman. I'm not condoning his behavior, and as someone who worked a decade in corrections and had countless number of people, including women, try to goade me into a physical altercation and maintained my emotion, I expect others can do the same. But I also get. And I've never been spit on.

Also, @JConXtsy what you think of the Mavs getting Kyrie?

I'd rather have Finney-Smith and Dinwiddie. I guess the Mavs get a decent draft pick in the deal. But it sounds to me like they just acquired a headache who has burned bridges in a of previous places.

I hate losing DFS. There's no question Kyrie is a massive upgrade over Dinwiddie and will take a scoring burden off Luka, but like everyone else, what lockerroom drama comes with him. But it's also evident Dallas has regressed without Brunson, so they had to try something and this the biggest FA trade acquisition they've pulled since I've been watching them.

I read the article wrong. The Mavs are also giving up three draft picks, including a first rounder. Knowing this, I think they've been fleeced. Not a big fan of Kyrie. Fourth team in seven seasons, and kind of the opposite of a great teammate.

Also, @JConXtsy what you think of the Mavs getting Kyrie?

I like it. It's a gamble, but that's what a team like Dallas has to do with their history of falling flat on attracting talent. Maybe Kyrie is the catalyst to more stars taking a serious look at Dallas and really Luka as a somewhere/someone they want to play at/with.

Nico Harrison has proven to be a pretty good GM so far, and he has history with Kyrie. Maybe he's able to keep Kyrie level-headed. If Luka can mesh with Kyrie and Wood can stay healthy, the ceiling is off the arena.

I don't really care about the draft. That's not how the NBA works. Only lottery teams can rely on any value from the draft (1-12 are considered probable, really only 1-7 are typically NBA-caliber locks), and Dallas isn't going to be a lottery team with Luka around. The great NBA teams build through the free agent market. You have to provide an attractive place for talent, and Nico is apparently getting that done like Donnie couldn't.

If Kyrie gels with Luka, and he re-signs this summer. That would be a huge step forward for the Mavs organization. They'll be proving that they should be considered when top players look at LA, Boston, Miami, and Chicago. Dallas can become a fifth city on that destination list, and it hasn't happened with "smart and typical" approaches in the past. We need to gamble.

Keep in mind too... Kyrie snubbed Lebron and the Lakers to be with Luka and Dallas. The optics of that move are huge. People outside of basketball can say what they want about Kyrie's "toxic" behavior, but in reality, find me many players that speak out against him. He's well liked by the people that matter, the players. Lebron certainly wanted him back, and Luka has proven with a number of people that he's a good teammate. I'm pretty confident that Luka will make it work with Kyrie.

Oh, and how about Josh Green and Jaden Hardy stepping up against the Jazz last night? Those two could be developing into something special that will make the pain of losing Dinwiddie and DFS palatable.

We need another reliable big.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Oh, and how about Josh Green and Jaden Hardy stepping up against the Jazz last night? Those two could be developing into something special that will make the pain of losing Dinwiddie and DFS palatable.

We need another reliable big.

Green is developing rapidly and his energy is pivotal in a league full of guys going through the motions. Hardy has shown a rare ability to get to and finish at the rim considering his youth. Only going to get better.

A good win tonight. Keep getting better and anything is possible in the West. Denver is the favorite but they have to prove it in the postseason. I think the Grizzlies will wither in the playoffs. Golden State is likely to turn it on in May but they'll likely be the road team. Phoenix is weird this year. Kings? I'm waiting for them to come back to Earth any time now but they seem legit.

Golden State is likely to turn it on in May but they'll likely be the road team.
I think the same is to be said of the Mavs. Stars turn it on to a level that your average good or great player can't do. We now have two stars, so we'll have that ability to turn it on in the playoffs (like last year), but we're probably going to be a road team too unless Kyrie is a regular season difference maker.

It'll be interesting to see what happens today at the deadline.

I think the same is to be said of the Mavs. Stars turn it on to a level that your average good or great player can't do. We now have two stars, so we'll have that ability to turn it on in the playoffs (like last year), but we're probably going to be a road team too unless Kyrie is a regular season difference maker.

It'll be interesting to see what happens today at the deadline.

Damn Suns.

Damn Suns.
For some reason, I'm not worried. Chris Paul is old, injury prone, and fading fast.

Deandre Ayton was always a guy that had people at, "wow! he's going to be great when he develops!" Then he's never changed. Deandre Ayton 5 years into the league is the same as rookie Deandre Ayton. That's great, but it's not scary.

Kevin Booker is awesome, but he's streaky.

Durant is also old, injury prone, and fading fast too. To go with it, Luka has been a Durant killer the past couple of years. I don't know what it is, but Luka gets in Durant's head. Durant plays down against Luka and the Mavs, and Luka plays up against Durant no matter which team he's on. I think it's because Durant is used to being the best scorer on the court his whole career until he started getting slapped in the face by Luka every time they met. Durant crumbles around Luka.

So we only need 2 defenders for Durant and Booker, and we've got them - Bullock on Durant for length, Green on Booker for speed. Green might be the only guy in the league as fast as Booker.

I think Christian Wood / Maxi Kleber is a better 1-2 punch than Ayton / ???Jock Landale???. Wood is a little better offensively than Ayton. Ayton is a little better defensively, but on the switch, I think Kleber can absolutely neutralize Ayton. Maxi can take him out of the game.

Lastly, the Suns gave up their second best player to get Durant. Mikal Bridges is gooooood. That loss is going to hurt them more than a lot of people are thinking.

BTW - Has Durant ever won anything when he had to be The Man? No. He won as a nice scoring role player behind Steph Curry and Klay Thompson. He couldn't do it with Harden and Westbrook in their prime when he was expected to be #1. He couldn't do it in Brooklyn with Kyrie, Simmons, and Harden when he was expected to be #1.
He will be expected to take the #1 role in Phoenix. He ain't mentally strong enough for that role. He's a Horn-baby.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT