ADVERTISEMENT

Minimum # of points we score this Saturday?

Phaeded

Sooner starter
Jun 5, 2001
50 IMO. We can't score on that many on that D then something is seriously wrong with the program.

And we'll need to. I see Buchele and company hanging 40+ on us.

The O/U is 73. Bet the farm.

50 IMO. We can't score on that many on that D then something is seriously wrong with the program.

And we'll need to. I see Buchele and company hanging 40+ on us.

The O/U is 73. Bet the farm.

I'll take the over... OU 63-27... texASS SUCKS

I'd say the minimum # of points we score this Saturday will be zero.
The minimum # we will NEED to score will likely be about 45.

Reactions: 918sooner
45-42, OU.
I agree UT will likely score 42 on our pitiful D. Not sure we will match or better that point total. Our offensive A game will need to be present for sure. Our coaching A game, for that matter, will need to be present. I am shakier with the latter.

Boomer Sooner

considering the points you guys put on TCU I don't see how we keep you under 60. In fact, I have a feeling Stoops will be able to name the score at some point. TCU has a much better defense than we do. Then again I have a hard time finding anyone who has a worse defense than we do right now.

But Texas can kill clock with the run game. That's going to drag our scoring opportunities down.

I have a feeling Stoops will be able to name the score at some point.

I think you have hit on the issue with Stoops. When he gets a chance to name the score, he usually shoots too low.
We went on a 42-3 run last Saturday. We build a 25 point lead in the third quarter. What is the score Bob decides to name? 49.
We won that game by 6 points and were on the verge of possibly losing it.
How does any team go on a 42-3 tear in one game and end up having to hold their breath to come away with a win, barring a catastrophic injury (TCU 2015)?
Drives me crazy when we start trying to milk the clock with 3.30 to go in the third quarter.
Step on the gas!!!!

Based on the last 3 years, I don't see the Sooners scoring more than 31 points. The defense better show up. Need a couple of turnovers. Sorry state of affairs we've gotten ourselves into that we can't comfortably beat this sorry longhorn team

I do hope the Sooners are not becoming a mediocre team
like texas has become. Maybe they can turn this season
around. Either way I still support them and hope for the best.

With the way our defense has played this year, we will need to score at least 50 to win. I don't see the Sooner defense stopping the Texass offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT