ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Stoops' worst flaw resurrected

We will have disagreements on here and that's expected, but billyray seems to be good poster and name calling and cussing at him isn't cool. Well atleast in my eyes. Coaches obviously play a huge part in the game plan and adjustments so to imply they should receive no blame whatsoever is ignorant. I'm not saying Mike should be fired, but as we continue to get guys back healthy then expectations will be high. If two or three more guys have career days throughout the year then I'm sure Riley will have a decision to make. If our d improves then Mike deserves praise

We will have disagreements on here and that's expected, but billyray seems to be good poster and name calling and cussing at him isn't cool. Well atleast in my eyes. Coaches obviously play a huge part in the game plan and adjustments so to imply they should receive no blame whatsoever is ignorant. I'm not saying Mike should be fired, but as we continue to get guys back healthy then expectations will be high. If two or three more guys have career days throughout the year then I'm sure Riley will have a decision to make. If our d improves then Mike deserves praise

I'm waiting and will give credit if due. That's my preference. But if deserved, I will not hesitate to point out deficiencies. It's only fair.

I don't think Mike has made a tackle since 1980something.

Also not sure how Thomas suddenly looking like a freshman is the fault of the outside linebacker coach. But for too many of you guys, anything that goes wrong is Mike's fault. Or occasionally Tim's. The DB coach gets no blame. The DT coach gets no blame. The DE coach gets no blame. It's a curious dynamic.

Who calls the formation? Who makes the game time adjustments? Who decides to pull a player that's not playing well? Who decides to bring pressure or offer over the top help. Who thinks a 3rd string QB doesn't need to get rattled early and often? That's never started a game, ever!

Who pulls the only DT that's consistently getting into the backfield on a obvious pas play?

Looking at his stats, he had the BEST game ever of his career, including HS but I'm sure those defensive minds, were just lucky. And Mike Stoops knows what he's doing??????

Who calls the formation? Who makes the game time adjustments? Who decides to pull a player that's not playing well? Who decides to bring pressure or offer over the top help. Who thinks a 3rd string QB doesn't need to get rattled early and often? That's never started a game, ever!

Who pulls the only DT that's consistently getting into the backfield on a obvious pas play?

Looking at his stats, he had the BEST game ever of his career, including HS but I'm sure those defensive minds, were just lucky. And Mike Stoops knows what he's doing??????

The answer to most of your questions is the position coaches.

The answer to most of your questions is the position coaches.

Really? Do you have any idea, what Mike Stoops or any defensive coordinator job is?

I've never have been benched by a position coach. I've never listen to a position coach make a halftime speech. I have had position coaches signal the play but they came from the head coach or coordinator. I've been benched by the coordinator or head coach and my position coach either chewed some more or gave me the rar rar.

Really? Do you have any idea, what Mike Stoops or any defensive coordinator job is?

I've never have been benched by a position coach. I've never listen to a position coach make a halftime speech. I have had position coaches signal the play but they came from the head coach or coordinator. I've been benched by the coordinator or head coach and my position coach either chewed some more or gave me the rar rar.

Far out.

Reactions: veritas59
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT