ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Stoops should be at the top of the list for the DC coach of the year

Lonely-Okie

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2001
Since Mike Stoops returned to OU as the DC he has been booed, cursed etc.. Much was deserved. With all of the coach changes early this year it is apparent that the one that stands out in front is the move of Mike Stoops to the press boxes upstairs.
In my opinion this allowed mike to just to concentrate on his job as the DC. When Mike was on the side lines he would bring into play his and personality showing thru. Mike has never been a person that could hide his temper, frustrations etc.
Upstairs he doesn't need to respond to his feeling so readily. He seems to be much more in control of himself. Therefore he could make quick decisions in calling defensive lineups. When I could watch him on TV he seemed more at ease doing his job.
So from my prospective Mike has excelled in this setting. The defensive improvement over last year and years past is certainly the reason the team has made such a big improvement on it's execution. Mike is responsible for all of the great results in the improvement of the defensive team.

That in mind I want to congratulate Mike on the improvement of the team. I congratulate Mike on the decision to make the changes he did for the team. The results are astounding to me.

I just want to encourage Mike to continue working from the both. I would like to say thank you as a Sooner fan. Keep up the good work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.