ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Stoops changing our defensive schemes beginning in 2nd half stopped KSU's offensive momentum

bullmarket

Sooner signee
May 29, 2001
We were much better against KSU's running attack including the KSU QB and we outscored them 32-14 in the second half. and we gifted them a TD with our punter not fielding a high snap.

BOOMER!

Last edited:
We were much better against KSU's running attack including the KSU QB and we outscored them by 18 points in the second half. and we gifted them a TD with our punter not fielding a high snap.

BOOMER!

Yet in the final 7 minutes the defense returned to crap. If you like Stoops fine but its time for him to go in my views.

One thing is for sure, what we have been doing in the first half vs the 2nd half was reversed today. We got in a hole instead of a lead in the first half. We actually scored more points in the second half than the opponent and the defense played better in the second half than they did the first. We might actually be a good football team if we ever put together a complete game.

Like Dave Wannstedt said at the half, its frustrating watching OU's defense. We are not the only ones that see it despite what Mike Stoops says, the fans don't know what we are talking about. I guess Dave does not know either. I guarantee you not a single team on the remaining schedule fears this defense. We can only hope they get better but I have been waiting for that since Baylor sliced em up. Hope continues. Stay posted.

Watching Alabama play defense yesterday was a clinic in good tackling and good pursuit.
It looked so surreal to me.
I guess that's what happens when you have great coaches who annually get great players.

Our offense has to outlast and out score the rest of our schedule. As long as Mike is running our defense we can't rely on our defense to stop anyone.

Reactions: CTOkie
I admire Bill Snyder, he keeps on going like the energizer bunny. I am not sure if I could stand that long on the side lines.:eek:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT