ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Leach has passed.

Except the symptoms of heart failure are much different than pneumonia. Where are you getting the information that they present similarly?
My "version" of heart failure (and heart attack) presented itself almost identical to pneumonia. My version is an enlarged left ventricle, ejection fraction of only 20%, arteries clean as a whistle as shown by heart cath. My valves are also normal, right ventricle normal.

I walked around for weeks passing it off as just having pneumonia. Lungs filling with fluid when I laid down. Short of breath like I couldn't inhale completely.

I'm sure this is a very specific and maybe slightly unique version of heart failure but also because I'm only 45.

Reactions: iasooner2000
My "version" of heart failure (and heart attack) presented itself almost identical to pneumonia. My version is an enlarged left ventricle, ejection fraction of only 20%, arteries clean as a whistle as shown by heart cath. My valves are also normal, right ventricle normal.

I walked around for weeks passing it off as just having pneumonia. Lungs filling with fluid when I laid down. Short of breath like I couldn't inhale completely.

I'm sure this is a very specific and maybe slightly unique version of heart failure but also because I'm only 45.
At 45 yer in good health. Might I suggest banging the wife? On a regular basis? Just maybe? Make us proud. 😂

Last edited:
Ever been on heart meds? Easier said than done.
I now take 17 or 18 meds every day.

For my heart.
To prevent kidney stones
For diabetes.
For thinner blood
For my thyroid.
For my memory.
To sleep every night.
For my BP
For cholesterol
Those are the precriptions.
Then there are OTC for
Sinuses. And my sinuses.
a baby aspririn.
Two different vitamins.
And a couple you really don't want to hear about. I guess we passed that point several lines ago.

I now take 17 or 18 meds every day.

For my heart.
To prevent kidney stones
For diabetes.
For thinner blood
For my thyroid.
For my memory.
To sleep every night.
For my BP
For cholesterol
Those are the precriptions.
Then there are OTC for
M. And my sinuses.
a baby aspririn.
Two different vitamins.
And a couple you really don't want to hear about. I guess we passed that point several lines ago.
Is it possible you can watch games? I'm in the same boat health wise. Although I'll be guiding folks full time for fish in two months.

Having pneumonia isn't like that though. Maybe chronic bronchitis of the COPD variety can linger like that, but still not that close to what you described (which is classic HF). The laid down thing is commonly referred to as orthopnea and the night-time version is called paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea. People with HF have to sleep in recliners, chairs, all the pillows, etc.

Have you had significant hypertension?

Is it possible you can watch games? I'm in the same boat health wise. Although I'll be guiding folks full time for fish in two months.
Of course I can watch. I'm 71 and still do all the work in my little one-man pest control company and have for now 40 years. I do less than I used to, but I still have a reason to get up most work days.

I didn't make a Sooner game live this season for maybe the second time this century, but I'll probably make a couple of women's gymnastics meets and I'd like to see one softball series. If one of the Sooner basketball teams ends up in a regional not far away, I'll buy a ticket to that. I can still walk a mile if the weather is decent, and if I take all my meds, I feel pretty good despite a heart attack four years ago, and two strokes last year.

I'm a Sooner born and a Sooner bred, and in a decade or two, I'll finish the song.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Having pneumonia isn't like that though. Maybe chronic bronchitis of the COPD variety can linger like that, but still not that close to what you described (which is classic HF). The laid down thing is commonly referred to as orthopnea and the night-time version is called paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea. People with HF have to sleep in recliners, chairs, all the pillows, etc.

Have you had significant hypertension?
Yeah, my heart failure is classified as hypertension. Too much drinking and work stress.

Who is "we?" And where's the scientific literature to support the statement that "we have been noticing a lot more clotting issues as a result of the COVID vaccine?"

There's literature out there about a very rare condition known as VITT (aka TTS and VIPIT) that may be caused by the adenoviral vector-based COVID vaccines that has affected  several hundred out of millions of people vaccinated with an adenoviral vector based COVID vaccine. The literature describing blood clots possibly caused by an mRNA vaccine is literally a few case discussions.

I am an NP that works in urgent care. Family member had clots in her lungs and the medical doctor said they have seen this a lot more frequently as a result of Covid vaccines. Can you trust stats that come from drug company related sources? Do you see the conflict of interest there? My input comes from what I have experienced, not from what statisticians compile. I use “Up to Date” for treatment related info., but I think the info. available about the Covid vaccines is guarded to say the least. Their “statistics” don’t line up. I know it doesn’t make a difference to you, that’s why I usually keep it to myself and have no problem with that. As a health care professional, I have a lot conflicting feelings about it. I don’t talk about it all with patients or discourage their desired course of action. I just don’t think the “truth” that is being reported is the “truth”.

Last edited:
Of course I can watch. I'm 71 and still do all the work in my little one-man pest control company and have for now 40 years. I do less than I used to, but I still have a reason to get up most work days.

I didn't make a Sooner game live this season for maybe the second time this century, but I'll probably make a couple of women's gymnastics meets and I'd like to see one softball series. If one of the Sooner basketball teams ends up in a regional not far away, I'll buy a ticket to that. I can still walk a mile if the weather is decent, and if I take all my meds, I feel pretty good despite a heart attack four years ago, and two strokes last year.

I'm a Sooner born and a Sooner bred, and in a decade or two, I'll finish the song.
A good friend of mine is a prominent pest control guy down here in San Antone. Dominick Alongi. Huge town contributor.

Norman is closer to me than San Antonio. I seldom see anybody in the business outside of the DFW are. But I've done it for 44 years and in January, my little company will be 41. It is really a blessing to be in business for myself for a lot of reasons. I still have 13 clients from my first years in business for myself, 1982.

It's been an interesting, amazing, God blessed ride.

Norman is closer to me than San Antonio. I seldom see anybody in the business outside of the DFW are. But I've done it for 44 years and in January, my little company will be 41. It is really a blessing to be in business for myself for a lot of reasons. I still have 13 clients from my first years in business for myself, 1982.

It's been an interesting, amazing, God blessed ride.
You’re blessed. Congratulations and best wishes.

I am an NP that works in urgent care. Family member had clots in her lungs and the medical doctor said they have seen this a lot more frequently as a result of Covid vaccines. Can you trust stats that come from drug company related sources? Do you see the conflict of interest there? My input comes from what I have experienced, not from what statisticians compile. I use “Up to Date” for treatment related info., but I think the info. available about the Covid vaccines is guarded to say the least. Their “statistics” don’t line up. I know it doesn’t make a difference to you, that’s why I usually keep it to myself and have no problem with that. As a health care professional, I have a lot conflicting feelings about it. I don’t talk about it all with patients or discourage their desired course of action. I just don’t think the “truth” that is being reported is the “truth”.
Anecdotes are like buttholes...you know the rest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT