ADVERTISEMENT

Mayfield

Josh was a great qb and Sam was darn good but there is just something about Mayfield. Dude is an absolute stud. How about Sermon and Motley? We are loaded for years and Lincoln is recruiting the heck out of it lately. Life is good.
TALENT...Check...Amazing Arm!
GAME SMARTS...Check...Baker knows His 'Stuff''!
WILL TO WIN...Check...His Competitiveness/Determination are Off the Charts!
INTANGIBLES...Check...That 'Something', that sets him apart, Berryhill, is the Combo of Qualities that can't be coached, IMO. It's his Personality...Chip-on-His-Shoulder...Self-Confidence...Swagger...Leadership Skills...Never-Give-Up-Mentality...Touch of Non-Conformity, ad infinitum. Mayfield has a Fire in his Belly...

When a Texas Kid decides to walk on at Oklahoma, earns the starting job, puts the team on his back and leads them to #8 and #6, (for himself), That's SOONER MAGIC...We'd better fasten OUr Seat Belts...He's 'The Package'!

Yes, as great as Baker did, I'm just as impressed, if not more so, by how the entire team has played around him. So many new faces making incredible plays, both on offense and defense.

Hate to say it, but this team, SO FAR, reminds me A LOT of the 2000 team that won the Nat'l Championship filled with a lot of unknown players too.

You were the first person ready to jump ship when Ohio State score out the half.

Fans like you are pathetic. Ready to toss them to the side when times are tough, now on here beating your chest. To weak to not become a prisoner of the moment.

By stating typical OU? Perhaps you didn't read the explanation given in another topic. However I don't need you to validate myself as a fan. I'm here to enjoy the win, not argue with fellow OU fans

No explanation needed.
No validation required.

I know your type. Every fanbase has them and ours have been showing their colors for several years.

The Sooners deserve a better fan then you but you'll be slobbering all over them in wins like this, then ready to toss them in the gutter when times get hard. It's the nature of sports unfortunately.

Again I don't seek your approval of me as a fan, you can be sure of that. OU has been known to come out flat on opening drives of the second half for years. Therefore that's why the statement was made. You are no better fan than anyone else. Are you here to enjoy the win or attack me all day?

No explanation needed.
No validation required.

I know your type. Every fanbase has them and ours have been showing their colors for several years.

The Sooners deserve a better fan then you but you'll be slobbering all over them in wins like this, then ready to toss them in the gutter when times get hard. It's the nature of sports unfortunately.
Judge, jury, and executioner. :eek:

No explanation needed.
No validation required.

I know Berryhill personally. He's a solid Sooner fan. He really gets into the games. The first half was an edge of your seat kind of half watching opportunities lost because of mistakes. 2nd half was superb for the O and D.

Again I don't seek your approval of me as a fan, you can be sure of that. OU has been known to come out flat on opening drives of the second half for years. Therefore that's why the statement was made. You are no better fan than anyone else. Are you here to enjoy the win or attack me all day?

No worries. Just move on and let it be. Some fans are like this. They call themselves 'super fans' like they own the OU fandom. There has been plenty to bitch about before Bob himself woke up, got his stuff together, fired coaches, re-hired new coaches, and started recruiting hard again. What we witnessed last night was a culmination of decisions made 2 & 3 yrs ago. A plan that came together.

I know Berryhill personally. He's a solid Sooner fan. He really gets into the games. The first half was an edge of your seat kind of half watching opportunities lost because of mistakes. 2nd half was superb for the O and D.

I'm sure he is. I was to harsh. My apologies directly too Mr. Berryhill.

Reactions: iasooner1
No worries. Just move on and let it be. Some fans are like this. They call themselves 'super fans' like they own the OU fandom. There has been plenty to bitch about before Bob himself woke up, got his stuff together, fired coaches, re-hired new coaches, and started recruiting hard again. What we witnessed last night was a culmination of decisions made 2 & 3 yrs ago. A plan that came together.

I don't believe me to be any more a fan than another. But I don't think it's right to turn on your team the absolute moment one thing goes wrong, then 180 again when things are good. He claims this was not such a case, so I'll take his word.

But you know damn well what I'm talking about because this board has been littered with it in the past, some still around.

Reactions: iasooner1
Bcsooner I apologize if I came across as a bad fan, but you know as well as I do we tend to come out in the first drive of the second half being too laid back. Therefore I made my comment "typical OU". I love what we showed last night but it's a long season. First stoops and now Riley? I think we have been blessed as fans

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT