ADVERTISEMENT

Mayfield arrest video released

Wow..I've lost alot of respect for the guy who tries to act like a total tough-guy punk on the field, yet started crying like a little *&^%* when he got slammed by those cops for trying to run.

That guy is going to have to play with earplugs this year. Imagine the first time he jumps up and gets in someone's face after a play, and the defender starts playing like a whimpering like a little bitch, saying "I'm done, I'm done, what did I do?".

That is going to be funny. Signs in the stands will be priceless.

If you're going to carry yourself like a badass, then be a badass. Baker's a faker.

That guy is going to have to play with earplugs this year. Imagine the first time he jumps up and gets in someone's face after a play, and the defender starts playing like a whimpering like a little bitch, saying "I'm done, I'm done, what did I do?".

That is going to be funny. Signs in the stands will be priceless.

If you're going to carry yourself like a badass, then be a badass. Baker's a faker.

"Well, I guess we can close the file on that one." Could it be more embarrassing......AWKWARD! :oops:

Had he not scrambled out of the pocket the video probably would not even be shown. Well at least everywhere but here in arkiesaw, they could not wait to show this on the local news here last night.
When arkie players get arrested it rarely even makes the papers. Thanks Baker.

Reactions: iasooner1
Like I keep telling my adult kids; everyone shows their a$$ sometimes. I don't remember the first time I got 'faced, probably puked. I did talk myself out of a night in the slam once (drunk on 3.2 beer) when I was 'just a passenger' as one of my best friends was caught after an exciting attempt at eluding in his Camaro one night in Tulsa. I walked home about 1.5 miles and notified his Pop that he was locked up around 2 am, in my shame

Sometimes when we get a little cocky we need a little humility to bring us back down. The way that cop put him into that wall its no wonder he did not break a rib or two. In my youth I was pinched twice for public intox, both times at a party but I was never stupid enough to try and run. The first time everyone went to jail that was under age and the second time the cops told everyone to leave so I went outside and was walking around the parking lot looking for my buddy who drive us there but he lhigh tailed it out of there. The cop that told everyone to leave saw me in the parking lot and said I thought I told you to leave and I said I can't find the guy I rode here with so he says you are going to jail, public intox. At least my buddy came and bailed me out a few hours later. Glad my dad never found out. Yes some of us were stupid and young once.

Sometimes when we get a little cocky we need a little humility to bring us back down. The way that cop put him into that wall its no wonder he did not break a rib or two. In my youth I was pinched twice for public intox, both times at a party but I was never stupid enough to try and run. The first time everyone went to jail that was under age and the second time the cops told everyone to leave so I went outside and was walking around the parking lot looking for my buddy who drive us there but he lhigh tailed it out of there. The cop that told everyone to leave saw me in the parking lot and said I thought I told you to leave and I said I can't find the guy I rode here with so he says you are going to jail, public intox. At least my buddy came and bailed me out a few hours later. Glad my dad never found out. Yes some of us were stupid and young once.

You just needed one of these:

One night, a police officer was stalking out a particularly rowdy bar for possible violations of the driving under the influence laws. At closing time, he saw a fellow stumble out of the bar, trip on the curb, and try his keys on five different cars before he found his.

Then, sat in the front seat fumbling around with his keys for several minutes. Everyone left the bar and drove off. Finally, he started his engine and began to pull away.

The police officer was waiting for him. He stopped the driver, read him his rights and administered the Breathalyzer test. The results showed a reading of 0.0. The puzzled officer demanded to know how that could be. The driver replied, "Tonight, I'm the Designated Decoy."

The only way I can get over this is for him to win me games. That is sooooooooo pathetic. Lots of sign ideas for Game Day. :D

He will need to play harder. Anyone going to spring game? Hard for me being in Minnesota. I guess it will be televised.

Mayfield has some heavy PR work ahead. He's no Landry Jones or Sam Bradford in terms of maturity.
OU likely won't run the table this season and Mayfield may get some unfair blame if and when his team loses because of this arrest.
It will be his fault, no matter what. :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT