ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at the remaining schedule

Soonerborn59

Sooner starter
Aug 16, 2009
First let me say I believe LR is the right man to lead it and I will refrain from mentioning what I believe to be OUs biggest problem.

In looking ahead I think this team only really has one sure fire win and thats against KU. The remaining games against Tech, OSU, TCU , Texas, Kansas State and West Va could go either way.

I admit I dont have a good feeling about Texas this weekend but we will know somewhat the mindset of this team after the RRR game. I am of mind if they do lose Saturday this team may not recover.

So as much as I want to believe this team has a shot the reality part of me says this team may be lucky to go 3-3 against those 6 teams.

Hope I am wrong but 8-4 is looking like a real possibility.

A lot of the so called experts predicted before the season OU would lose at least 2 games, to okie lite and ohio state. We traded a "Quality" win on the road at tOSU for an "Embarrasing" loss at home. This team very well could lose 3 or more games before its all said and done. Then again they could put together a string of wins like last season. There is always an unknown about the Sooners in recent years that just makes you scratch your head. I jumped on the homer wagon again early in the season as I do every year and it bit me once again. At this point I just hope we finish strong and get a decent bowl.

If Texas wins Saturday in the same fashion as Iowa State beat OU.....think about the.......5 straight scoring drives to end the game, you are probably right. If OU beats Texas handily, I believe we still have a decent chance at beating KSU, WVU, and even OSU because the Cowboy defense is kin to ours. TCU is going to rip us unless the defense improves big time. Bottom line, Baker and the boys have to win the rest of the games. That's a lot to put on any offense. My God, 31 points should be enough to beat Iowa State, but it wasn't.

This team is in trouble. Texas could clobber us. Their young QB is a stud, their receivers run well after catching the ball and they are better defensively. We are in for a very challenging game.

Texas should have lost to Kansas state who played the second half with there back up QB .If Kansas state gets the fumble 2 minutes left game was over. They also go screwed by the refs in overtime going into score. Kstate had WR open all day.

Vodka Tom was lucky.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
Texas should have lost to Kansas state who played the second half with there back up QB .If Kansas state gets the fumble 2 minutes left game was over. They also go screwed by the refs in overtime going into score. Kstate had WR open all day.

Vodka Tom was lucky.
Maybe Texas could or should have lost to KSU, but that’s true of any team who wins a game in overtime....and has nothing to do with what I said initially.

Texas had 150 yds more of offense, but stupidly went for 4th and 3 and missed 2 other fgs one being a gimme. If they had a kicker with a pulse, they win that game without OT. Now starting a pure frosh QB against Mayfield is not a recipe for success, but 7.5 is a lot of points. I'd take Texas and the points if I was betting. Think OU wins, but doesn't cover.

Really surprised we are not hearing more fire Stoops from the big donors. He’s absolutely awe full so why wait for him to sink the ship. It will take Riley and the offense to beat Texas.

I recognize that OU is reeling and Texas is feeling good about this game, but I'm going w/ Baker & Riley on this one. They will need some help but I think the team comes out fired up, jacked up and scraps hard to bring home the W.

To be honest I have not felt good about anything since the Baylor game. I have absolutely lost all confidence in the defense Mike Stoops puts on the field. Hopefully the offense can overcome it this weekend, if not we will lose.

I recognize that OU is reeling and Texas is feeling good about this game, but I'm going w/ Baker & Riley on this one. They will need some help but I think the team comes out fired up, jacked up and scraps hard to bring home the W.
Looking back to how the season started with Texas being beaten by Maryland and OU taking down Ohio State, nobody would have imagined back then that the roles of these teams would be completely reversed going into the RRR game. I guess so far, Herman and his staff have done a much better job with their team to this point than OU has.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT