ADVERTISEMENT

Let this sink in...

WhyNotaSooner

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2004
UT is currently ranked #74 in team ranking for 2017 per Rivals. Unlike Blake, Strong has left the cupboard bare. Herman has a lot of catching up to do.

UT is currently ranked #74 in team ranking for 2017 per Rivals. Unlike Blake, Strong has left the cupboard bare. Herman has a lot of catching up to do.
Over on OB, they are talking about a 9-10 win season next year. ;) Those poor horns sure have a lot to learn. That rebuild is going to take years.

Well Texas only has 7 commits right now for the 2017 class. Considering most every other program has 15-20+ commits is the main difference as far as 2017 ranking is concerned. And still about 2 months for him to recruit till NSD he can make up alot of ground. But the last 2 classes, UT ranked #12 and #7 in the country. So not like the cupboard is completely bare with Herman coming in. And if Herman can talk a kid like Ed Oliver into playing at a place like Houston, then I'm sure he will be able to recruit to a program like Texas.

UT may have just 7 commitments and a #74 recruiting ranking now, but let's see what Herman does in 60 days....he may get some players from Houston's 2017 commitment list (ranked 27th), he may find a JUCO transfer or two (something rare for the Horns to do).....and I believe he can make up ground in a hurry if he has the recruiting ability I have read so much about.
I also do not believe the returning talent at UT is poor. I could see, to some degree, a scenario similar to the one Bob Stoops had in 1999 when he said that the team had the talent to win right away.
Texas has a good young quarterback and two good linebackers among players that came in the 2016 class (ranked 7th), the 2015 class (ranked 12th) and the 2013 class (ranked 20th).
Then of course, there's the fact that with all this upheaval and instability at Texas, the last 4 games with Oklahoma have resulted in two wins by Texas and two near upsets of the Sooners.

Over on OB, they are talking about a 9-10 win season next year. ;) Those poor horns sure have a lot to learn. That rebuild is going to take years.
I hope you're not implying that we don't have our share of internet fools over here that are just as optimistic as those on OB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT