ADVERTISEMENT

Les Miles fired.

Why would Herman go to LSU?? LSU is a bigtime program in arguably the top conference in the country that has inroads to recruiting in the most talent rich area in the country. Also add into the that the fact that Big XII expansion is starting to look dead in the water, why would Herman want to continue to stick it out in the American Conference any longer than needed if a bigtime program comes calling?
Herman can name his job and a lot of great jobs will come open including USC and possibly Texas. If Houston gets invited to big 12 he stays in H town

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Herman can name his job and a lot of great jobs will come open including USC and possibly Texas. If Houston gets invited to big 12 he stays in H town
Okay you named 2 jobs that MAY come open. LSU is prolly a Top 10-15 program nationally. Those are a couple of jobs that may open that are ranked up there with LSU. Outside of that, there are not "a lot" of jobs that are opening that are on LSU's level...

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Okay you named 2 jobs that MAY come open. LSU is prolly a Top 10-15 program nationally. Those are a couple of jobs that may open that are ranked up there with LSU. Outside of that, there are not "a lot" of jobs that are opening that are on LSU's level...
Herman is making over 3 million right now and kicking butt in Houston area including signing 5 stars. He has no pressure... Why would he want to deal with that BS and Saban? Come on he is a Texas boy he ain't leaving the state

Herman is making over 3 million right now and kicking butt in Houston area including signing 5 stars. He has no pressure... Why would he want to deal with that BS and Saban? Come on he is a Texas boy he ain't leaving the state
Same logic applies to Texas and USC you mentioned that you said he can "name his job". He may not have pressure right now, but expectations will rise over time. Some hot names in coaching may want to make their marks at lower tier programs. But most aspire to ascend to the top tier programs. Especially if the Big XII balks at expansion and Houston remains in the American conference. Why would any coach aspire to remain in a dumpster fire conference when top programs from a Power 5 conference are calling???

Same logic applies to Texas and USC you mentioned that you said he can "name his job". He may not have pressure right now, but expectations will rise over time. Some hot names in coaching may want to make their marks at lower tier programs. But most aspire to ascend to the top tier programs. Especially if the Big XII balks at expansion and Houston remains in the American conference. Why would any coach aspire to remain in a dumpster fire conference when top programs from a Power 5 conference are calling???

Herman is in the Driver's Seat... Ha!

I think Hermann is tied to UH for the next several years and UH has a large buyout clause. But,the LSU faithful are desperate and would easily pitch in to pry him out of Houston. I don't think Petrino goes because he owes the AD big time for helping resurrect his career and giving him a second chance.

Strangely enough, the mention of Mike Gundy is quite interesting, but I doubt he leaves The Stool. Ed Orgeron is the interim coach, but he does not get the HC gig. He had great defenses at USC and served as an interim coach, but also had three losing seasons at Ole Miss as a HC. The LSU donors do not want him as HC.

Briles is interesting in that he could definitely light things up in Baton Rouge and would be a good pick with his ties to texas high school football. He got Baylor competitive in a pretty short period time and LSU wants to get back on top right now. And they might get him at a pretty good price too. Hermann and Briles, at this time, seem to be at the top of the short list.

Last edited:
It all hinges on weather Houston gets the invite but he will choose Texas over LSU all day and probably USC as well. LSU has been a power for all of 20 years give me a break not even close to top 5 job

It all hinges on weather Houston gets the invite but he will choose Texas over LSU all day and probably USC as well. LSU has been a power for all of 20 years give me a break not even close to top 5 job
whether

Anyways....that's assuming Texas for certain comes open at the end of the year. If you have LSU calling right now, then a guy like Herman is rolling the dice by turning it down and hoping something better opens at the end of the season.

whether

Anyways....that's assuming Texas for certain comes open at the end of the year. If you have LSU calling right now, then a guy like Herman is rolling the dice by turning it down and hoping something better opens at the end of the season.
Are you saying Herman should accept the job now in September?? Lmao he has a championship team

It just drives you crazy that my boy Stoops is is unfirable lmao. He Will never be on the hot seat at Ou

Neither was the King, yet what happened? Oh, he resigned so David Swank wouldn't get the pleasure. OU was playing for National Championships and had won one just a few years earlier. 33-3 with a NC, yet ousted...

Anything is possible...

It just drives you crazy that my boy Stoops is is unfirable lmao. He Will never be on the hot seat at Ou

I am the biggest defender of Stoops (and his staff) on this board. I've not gotten involved in any, but one, of the coaching threads lately because I know people are frustrated and need to vent. That said, your post above is fantasy.

With Miles out and LSU's coaching job up in the air, it's interesting to think how OU's recruiting might have been positively affected had OU have won at Houston and at least played a close game vs. Ohio State.
LSU has....or had....the 3rd ranked recruiting class for 2017 that includes 4 (4-star) Texas players and has several other elite Texas high schoolers considering LSU with high interest.

I am the biggest defender of Stoops (and his staff) on this board. I've not gotten involved in any, but one, of the coaching threads lately because I know people are frustrated and need to vent. That said, your post above is fantasy.
Unfirable section 22... If Stoops started breaking off 7-5 and 6-6 years he would leave on his own. Ain't happening though

With Miles out and LSU's coaching job up in the air, it's interesting to think how OU's recruiting might have been positively affected had OU have won at Houston and at least played a close game vs. Ohio State.
LSU has....or had....the 3rd ranked recruiting class for 2017 that includes 4 (4-star) Texas players and has several other elite Texas high schoolers considering LSU with high interest.
Will have to wait and see if LSU's class stays mostly intact, or if it has mass defections. Not sure how many on their commit list were OU offers that may decide to change their minds and give OU another look.

Reactions: Huntin Hard

gjdonova is the Fantasy guy I thought...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT