ADVERTISEMENT

legit question about recruiting now vs past (Stoops and Co)

Sep 15, 2017
So BV comes in with like a few months and we still get a top ten class. We have a bad year record-wise and we get a top 5 class which mule shoe failed to do. I've wondered about this for awhile and I'm curious what the actual answer is, why have we not done this before? Clearly, OU is capable of recruiting on this level but we just didn't and results showed that. While Stoops was here I think the best we did was 9 or something like that? But Venables comes in and BOOM, we are at least in the running for these top flight guys and look to land at least a few of them. This isn't a criticism but just an observation and I think a reasonable question. When Stoops was the HC we rarely got the top guys and when we did even more rarely did they work out. When Riley became the HC , clearly the focus was on offense and the offensive recruiting was great but the defense lacked. However , getting a top flight receiver or anyone on offense? Done deal. I just feel like for a really long time we should have been recruiting like we are right now so why didn't we?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News