ADVERTISEMENT

Lebby Gone?

Garrett Riley, Clemson. Naaa, little brother may be just like big brother. Either way, bad pick.​

Last edited:
Ruggerio
Arbuckle
Petrino

I think we can get anyone of these but Petrino might not mesh with Venables

If Lebby walks will anyone really give a shit? I assume JA might but he is all but guaranteed a starting spot next year.

Reactions: loopafied68
Seth Littrell may be more likely.
If Lebby walks will anyone really give a shit? I assume JA might but he is all but guaranteed a starting spot next year.

He might go with him, the MSU QB is entering the portal

Will Rogers is expected to enter the transfer portal, according to Matt Zenitz of 247 Sports. The senior graduated in May and will be able to move on as a graduate transfer.

Seth Littrell may be more likely.

He might go with him, the MSU QB is entering the portal

Will Rogers is expected to enter the transfer portal, according to Matt Zenitz of 247 Sports. The senior graduated in May and will be able to move on as a graduate transfer.
Is he really that loyal to Lebby? Guess we'll find out. That would be pretty much the same as Williams leaving with Riley.

If I remember correctly, Arnolds father was asked that question and his answer was “ Jackson is 100% committed to OU”. Now I suspect that anwer will change if DG returns.
Then again, if Lebby goes to Mississippi State maybe Gabriel follows. I would if I were him for obvious reasons. Knows the offense, uncertainty about OU’s new OC, longtime relationship with Lebby. Win/win for Gabriel, Arnold and OU fans as far as I’m concerned.

I feel like the Kevin Wilson comment was meant to be funny but BV was almost content being a DC for life and look how good Clemson was. Would trying to pay Kevin Wilson enough to make him happy to stay as a long term OC be totally unreasonable? He was one of my favorites.

Wilson is probably a better OC than head coach, but not sure he wants to give up that title just yet if he doesnt have to. Littrell would be the obvious choice if Lebby left, but I kinda like going after Sherrone Moore OC at Michigan, only problem hes also the OL coach so this probably wouldn't work out. If lebby leaves whoever it is has to also be a QB guy.

Then again, if Lebby goes to Mississippi State maybe Gabriel follows. I would if I were him for obvious reasons. Knows the offense, uncertainty about OU’s new OC, longtime relationship with Lebby. Win/win for Gabriel, Arnold and OU fans as far as I’m concerned.

This makes the most sense.

Ryan Grubbs would have to be the first phone call, hes a QB guy and has Washington rolling right now. He loses his star QB, and his salary is the same as Lebby.

Reactions: 8085sooner
Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
Just asking. Why would Grubb be interested in a lateral move?
Washington will lose most of its play makers to the NFL. OU has a young stable of weapons. Also with Washington heading to big 10 that is a lot of travel and time away from family, if hes a family man. Im sure Washington will pony up some some to keep him around.

Then again, if Lebby goes to Mississippi State maybe Gabriel follows.

Gabriel is a pretty smart kid, and if Lebby went to Mississippi State I don't think that Dillon would want to spend his final year fighting it out with Vanderbilt, Arkansas and South Carolina for last place in the SEC, all the while getting pummeled on a regular basis by the likes of Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri, Texas, etc.

Reactions: CalSooner
Gabriel is a pretty smart kid, and if Lebby went to Mississippi State I don't think that Dillon would want to spend his final year fighting it out with Vanderbilt, Arkansas and South Carolina for last place in the SEC, all the while getting pummeled on a regular basis by the likes of Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri, Texas, etc.
He gets the same if he comes back for his final season at OU.

I'm more worried about Jackson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT