ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Johnson quote regarding Pats

opk

Sooner signee
May 12, 2004
"
Lane Johnson wouldn't trade more championships for less enjoyment.

During his Friday interview with Barstool Sports’ "Pardon My Take" podcast, the Eagles offensive tackle didn't hold back his harsh feelings towards the Patriots after Philadelphia upset New England last Sunday in Super Bowl 52.

"I just think that The Patriot Way is a fear-based organization," Johnson said, via NESN. "Obviously, do they win? Hell yes, they win. They’ve won for a long time. Do I think people enjoy and can say, ‘I had a lot of fun playing there’? No, I don’t. That’s just the God’s honest truth.

"They’re successful, but when they go to interviews, they act like (expletive) robots. Hey, stop being a [expletive) head. We can be cordial for a little bit. You only get to do this job one time, so let’s have fun while we’re doing it. Not to be reckless, but I’d much rather have fun and win a Super Bowl than be miserable and win five Super Bowls. But hey, it is what it is."

Reactions: iasooner1
I'm not sure if the Patriots are an issue if they're not "cordial".....and I find it hard to believe that any player in any sport would rather have a single championship over 5 championships....even if they acted like "(expletive) robots". This is a non-story that does not reflect well on Lane Johnson.
I guess no one likes a winner.
BTW, I'm not a Patriot's fan or an NFL fan....and if the Patriots or any team from Boston never win another championship, that will be fine with me. But I will say that Brady is the best pro QB I've seen and that the Patriots have been a great team with the best coaching in football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT