ADVERTISEMENT

Kneeling at Anthem.... revisited

As an American, I am free to do as I see fit. I can kneel, lay down, pick my nose, whatever I choose...

While I pledge my allegiance to the flag and my country, I reserve the rights guaranteed to me under the Constitution, so that if and when the tyrants go too far, I can revolt against it...

As an American, I am free to do as I see fit. I can kneel, lay down, pick my nose, whatever I choose...

While I pledge my allegiance to the flag and my country, I reserve the rights guaranteed to me under the Constitution, so that if and when the tyrants go too far, I can revolt against it...

Totally agree. But that right is protected only against a government, not an employer. Our right to freely express ourselves comes with a potential price to pay when expressed on someone else's time. That's the point being made in this article. Colleges will not be able to legally stop them, while professional sports can if they so wish to.

The NFL is playing with Fire.I lost interest years ago and a lose a little more every year.Ratings are way down and fans are showing their displeasure with these guys.The NFL Is not even close to the game it was just a decade ago.It can implode for all I care.

Totally agree. But that right is protected only against a government, not an employer. Our right to freely express ourselves comes with a potential price to pay when expressed on someone else's time. That's the point being made in this article. Colleges will not be able to legally stop them, while professional sports can if they so wish to.
Exactly, which is why the not for long league should do something about it. Or not...

Colleges can have code of conduct rules in place for scholarship athletes, thus barring them from any activities that might be considered embarrassing to the institution.

Just as a student can be removed from a classroom for behavior that is disruptive to the class, they can do the same for ball fields and courts...

Reactions: iasooner1

Perfectly said. First Amendment my friend.
Tyrants everywhere even want to stifle the press like hitler.
They will fail.

Really?If you can’t show respect for a rendition of our Anthem for as little a time that it takes to hear it then no wonder this country is in sad shape.You really think that this country is going forward?I would say we have regressed mightily.By the way I am older so I have seen a little.

Really?If you can’t show respect for a rendition of our Anthem for as little a time that it takes to hear it then no wonder this country is in sad shape.You really think that this country is going forward?I would say we have regressed mightily.By the way I am older so I have seen a little.
If who can't? I always stand, yet I don't have to. I place my hand over my heart, yet I don't have to. It is called freedom...

Kneeling during an anthem or flag burning are two things I would never do, but those things are a peaceful protest. When did peaceful protesting become illegal or job threatening ?

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Kneeling during an anthem or flag burning are two things I would never do, but those things are a peaceful protest. When did peaceful protesting become illegal or job threatening ?

There is a huge difference between Kneeling and Flag Burning.

Kneeling may be a peaceful protest against something like brutality and has nothing to do with slamming our country.
Flag Burning on the other hand is disrespecting our wonderful country.

Flag Burning on the other hand is disrespecting our wonderful country.
Yet the SCOTUS has ruled it to be legal... And I actually agree. If I go purchase an item, whether it be a bundle of wood, a uterus flag, or the Stars and Stripes, is it not mine? Can I do what I want with my property? Does it really matter if it hurts someone's feelings? If I'm not burning you with it, is it really any of your business?

A whorn might feel disrespected when I burn the uterus flag after wiping my ass with it, yet I bought it just for that purpose... texASS sux...

If who can't? I always stand, yet I don't have to. I place my hand over my heart, yet I don't have to. It is called freedom...

Not even close to being the same. You of course have the freedom of choice to do as you wish when you're the spectator sitting in the stands on your own time. But if you're the professional ball player being paid you would not have the same right. Our constitutional rights are only protected from government tyranny. Not the private sector.

When? When your employer says, "No Dice. Aint happening." You either continue your protest and be punished or you find an employer that agrees with your protest. It's just that simple.

only one i see trying to stifle the press is trump.. and he does it daily

You couldn't be more wrong. If the press were actually stifled, Trump would likely resign. It just wouldn't be interesting any more. He knows what he's doing. He is trying to rile them.

When? When your employer says, "No Dice. Aint happening." You either continue your protest and be punished or you find an employer that agrees with your protest. It's just that simple.
It's still a legal right, even when your employer is a company (in this case, the NFL) that promotes neocon war worshiping in its attempt to appeal to its fan base. One can be at odds with his/her government and still love their country. I love my country, but dislike and distrust the federal government that has metastasized into the "deep state" control of it, bribing and intimidating our public officials, robbing our treasury and directing our foreign policy and military in secret without civilian control or oversight....while threatening to remove a sitting president who doesn't follow their orders.

This is just a thought. I have been a very long time season ticket holder at OU. I'm also a patriot. I spend my money and my time to go to OU games. I love the game day atmosphere. It is something I do for entertainment and support my team. I spend a couple of thousand dollars for my tickets. We tailgate and so we arrive early for the games and stay late. I spend quite a bit of money for out game day experience at OU.

While I am loyal to OU and it's educational experience for our children I also support my country and love it as much as I do OU football. The day some dumb assed 18 to 23 year ole spoiled brat decides to play politics with OU and OU football, that will be the day I say goodbye.

These kids are given a great opportunity to "earn" a valuable education. The education they get via an OU athletic scholarship to play a game is worth much more on a monthly basis than some poor families earn.

The day they start playing politics with OU football on my time and on my dollar will be the end of it for me. I think the millionaires who play NFL football and play politics with the game that other spend their hard earned money and time are just egotistical buttholes. They don't care about anything, except themselves. Many of these NFL players are not worth a dime.

Do some googling on how many NFL players have multiple kids out of wedlock and don't care for their kids. There are many of these guys who have many, children all by different mothers. Do they spend their money on these fatherless kids. I don't know, but I doubt it.

I quit watching professional sports over two decades ago. I don't pay a minutes worth of time on them.

My point is that it is the fans of all of these sports that have the power to do something about this mess. I don't care what any of the rest of you do, but I will fight it with my dollars. Players disrespect this country and I won't give a minutes worth of time to withdraw my support from OU and OU football.

It's still a legal right, even when your employer is a company (in this case, the NFL) that promotes neocon war worshiping in its attempt to appeal to its fan base. One can be at odds with his/her government and still love their country. I love my country, but dislike and distrust the federal government that has metastasized into the "deep state" control of it, bribing and intimidating our public officials, robbing our treasury and directing our foreign policy and military in secret without civilian control or oversight....while threatening to remove a sitting president who doesn't follow their orders.

No it's not a 'legal' right. A private company can 'legally' object to you protesting on their time. Fact. If you were instructed not to protest and did so, you can be fired and you would not a have a 'legal' leg to stand on. Period. Whether you acknowledge this is on you CT. Now on the other hand, as you have every 'legal' right to protest on your own time. But if you employer says no dice, you either quit to protest or risk termination.

This is just a thought. I have been a very long time season ticket holder at OU. I'm also a patriot. I spend my money and my time to go to OU games. I love the game day atmosphere. It is something I do for entertainment and support my team. I spend a couple of thousand dollars for my tickets. We tailgate and so we arrive early for the games and stay late. I spend quite a bit of money for out game day experience at OU.

While I am loyal to OU and it's educational experience for our children I also support my country and love it as much as I do OU football. The day some dumb assed 18 to 23 year ole spoiled brat decides to play politics with OU and OU football, that will be the day I say goodbye.

These kids are given a great opportunity to "earn" a valuable education. The education they get via an OU athletic scholarship to play a game is worth much more on a monthly basis than some poor families earn.

The day they start playing politics with OU football on my time and on my dollar will be the end of it for me. I think the millionaires who play NFL football and play politics with the game that other spend their hard earned money and time are just egotistical buttholes. They don't care about anything, except themselves. Many of these NFL players are not worth a dime.

Do some googling on how many NFL players have multiple kids out of wedlock and don't care for their kids. There are many of these guys who have many, children all by different mothers. Do they spend their money on these fatherless kids. I don't know, but I doubt it.

I quit watching professional sports over two decades ago. I don't pay a minutes worth of time on them.

My point is that it is the fans of all of these sports that have the power to do something about this mess. I don't care what any of the rest of you do, but I will fight it with my dollars. Players disrespect this country and I won't give a minutes worth of time to withdraw my support from OU and OU football.

Roy... just food for thought...everyone of those professional football players were once college kids somewhere as some level. Which makes this disturbing. The point of the article is that if Universities partake in government funding, they operate under a different set of guidelines than a private business.

Not even close to being the same. You of course have the freedom of choice to do as you wish when you're the spectator sitting in the stands on your own time. But if you're the professional ball player being paid you would not have the same right. Our constitutional rights are only protected from government tyranny. Not the private sector.
My response wasn't to you or anything you said...

No it's not a 'legal' right. A private company can 'legally' object to you protesting on their time. Fact. If you were instructed not to protest and did so, you can be fired and you would not a have a 'legal' leg to stand on. Period. Whether you acknowledge this is on you CT. Now on the other hand, as you have every 'legal' right to protest on your own time. But if you employer says no dice, you either quit to protest or risk termination.

While true to a degree, not so when a baker is forced to make a cake for two husband's, etc...

I hear you. I personally think they screwed up on that one. They blatantly stated they don't bake for gay weddings. Me ? I would have delivered burnt cakes and charged them for it. Both ways serve the same purpose.

Roy... just food for thought...everyone of those professional football players were once college kids somewhere as some level. Which makes this disturbing. The point of the article is that if Universities partake in government funding, they operate under a different set of guidelines than a private business.

Hey, I understand all of that. But, I don't care. The point is that fans of college sports have a choice. You are free to contribute to this issue by continuing to support these kids and their politics, but I won't. There are a lot of people our there that are just like me. You don't think empty seats won't have an impact on the politics of college sports?

I damn sure do.

I have a couple of siblings who live in the KC area. Each has two son-in-laws that are Chiefs fans They all hold Chief season ticket holders. They are all talking about not renewing if this crap continues.

There are lots of people out there that care more about their country than they do spoiled football players who have never done anything in their lives except play football. I have a Marine friend for a neighbor. We are both season ticket holders. If this happens at OU we are done and you can buy out tickets and you can contribute to the erosion of the foundation of this country.

The power of the purse is huge and the NFL is just now seeing this firsthand. It amazes me that they so misread their customers, viewers, and supporters.

Yet the SCOTUS has ruled it to be legal... And I actually agree. If I go purchase an item, whether it be a bundle of wood, a uterus flag, or the Stars and Stripes, is it not mine? Can I do what I want with my property? Does it really matter if it hurts someone's feelings? If I'm not burning you with it, is it really any of your business?

A whorn might feel disrespected when I burn the uterus flag after wiping my ass with it, yet I bought it just for that purpose... texASS sux...
Questions:

If I earn money, it's mine. But, can I legally burn it?
If I buy a mattress, it's mine. Can I legally tear off the tag?
If I buy a mailbox, it's mine. Can I legally bash it to smithereens with a baseball bat?

Questions:

If I earn money, it's mine. But, can I legally burn it?
If I buy a mattress, it's mine. Can I legally tear off the tag?
If I buy a mailbox, it's mine. Can I legally bash it to smithereens with a baseball bat?
If you were truly free, then yes, you could...

Here's an idea... Burn some cash on a two bit whore when they are having the nickel night special. Have her tear off the tag while beating her mailbox with your bat... :eek:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT