ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas State coach Bill Snyder has reportedly undergone treatment for a health issue.

BawlzDeep

OU scholarship offer
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas State coach Bill Snyder has health issue
Kansas State coach Bill Snyder has reportedly undergone treatment for a health issue.
75 minutes ago
Longtime Kansas State football coach Bill Snyder is has reportedly undergone treatment for an undisclosed health issue.

Snyder, 77, has received treatment at a Kansas City hospital, per a report from The Wichita Eagle. The severity of the health concern is unknown, but the report cited GoPowercat.com, which said, “(Snyder) has been receiving treatment at a Kansas City medical facility for a serious, but very treatable health issue that GPC is choosing to not identify at this time.”

The 2017 season would be Snyder's 26th on the Wildcats sidelines. He coached the team from 1989-2005, and returned in 2009 after a three-year retirement. Snyder spoke to the media on National Signing Day, but he has missed work days and some of the school's men's basketball games, which he usually attends, due to his health problem, per The Wichita Eagle.

Kansas State was 9-4 last season, and finished with a win over Texas A&M in the AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl. Snyder's career record is 202-105-1.

202 wins with ONLY 105 losses at Kansas State may be the most remarkable record in NCAA history. Best wishes Coach Snyder.
Agree.
While we always hear (ad nauseam) how Snyder's teams haven't won championships or gotten high rankings, his body of work in Manhattan Kansas is remarkable given his reliance on JUCO talent and 2 and 3 star players.
Few elite high school boys want to play in the middle of nowhere, yet Snyder's teams represent themselves well.
Question I have is how KSU can continue Snyder's level of competitiveness when he retires. Hopefully his son can carry on.
The Big 12 does not need another mediocre team.

Agree.
While we always hear (ad nauseam) how Snyder's teams haven't won championships or gotten high rankings, his body of work in Manhattan Kansas is remarkable given his reliance on JUCO talent and 2 and 3 star players.
Few elite high school boys want to play in the middle of nowhere, yet Snyder's teams represent themselves well.
Question I have is how KSU can continue Snyder's level of competitiveness when he retires. Hopefully his son can carry on.
The Big 12 does not need another mediocre team.

Yeah, a 66.5% winning record playing in what was a very tough conference probably won't be equaled by Coach Snyder's successor. If I were his son, I'd not follow dad. If he does, I will be rooting for him most of the time.

I expect that Bob relishes his wins over KS, and his old Mentor, much less than he does most of his other victories, in the same way that DKR got physically ill the first time his 'horns beat Bud...

UPDATE

16729335_1584242638257270_7162315201240624364_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT