ADVERTISEMENT

Just for clarity, BStoops says that Dimon will be able to play four quarters.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
I couldn't find the thread where the question was asked earlier.Bob said that he'd just heard from the Big XII office shortly before the press conference. Bob was asked three questions about it. I laughed out loud when he was asked if there would be additional discipline from him for Dimon.

Bob said there would be some team discipline and "educational" discipline. I'm assuming that doesn't mean more math homework. If you go to Sooner sports, I believe the exchange happens at about the 5:30 mark in the video.

He was asked which he disliked more. The penalty or his demonstration to the crowd on the way to the dressing room and he said, both. And then said there is no place for it. And talked about how much the penalties in the game after the whistle hurt the team, calling them "a ten point swing."

He was asked later if he'd make it a point to address the difference between playing with an edge and losing discipline to hurt the team with penalties. Bob said it would be the first thing discussed in the team meetings. He had the video guys put together a collective tape of all the undisciplined penalties.

He was asked if they could be elite and he said they were moving in that direction. That was the first question of the presser. He said that Tech and Baylor were the number one and two offenses in the country. The specific numbers I might get backwards, but he said that they held Baylor to 250 yards less than their average per game this year and held Tech to 200 below theirs.

A scribe pointed out that their national standing in defensive stats improved after playing Baylor and Bob said that said a lot. He was asked when was the right time to start politicking for a spot in the final four and he said right now, it's just about getting ready for TCU. But he added how good they're playing and they can only focus on what they can control.

The presser is on Soonersports.com and lasted 30 minutes. It's time well spent.

Good news about Dimon. I'm thinking that Coach Schmidt will be in charge of the educational discipline.

Good news about Dimon and the idea of putting together a video showing the guys losing their poise and getting idiotic penalties. If there is one thing that drives me crazy while watching a game is the stupid, unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. I get that penalites will happen from poor execution - holding, offsides, false starts, pass interference, etc. - but the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are inexcusable and can be more damaging than a turnover in many instances. With TCU and OSU coming up, we can't allow these kind of penalties derail us.

Ya I figured Dimon would be able to play the entire TCU game unless Bob handed down his own discipline. I really pretty much doubted that. Bob knows how fired up, emotional, and frustrating that game was against Baylor. Inevitable that a handful of times his players would let it eat away at them until they made a mental error.

SS, ya that was a horrible no-call. I don't recall seeing exactly where the officials were positioned when that happened, so there is a possibility they just didn't have a clear view of it maybe?? I was surprised when they replayed the hit that Herbstreit or Fowler didn't call it into question. Maybe it's because right after that play they went to a commercial and just didn't revisit it when the broadcast came back?? I would really like to see what the Big XII has to say about it. I think it's about as clear cut as you can get for being a targeting hit.

If it's ruled targeting by the Big XII, does anyone know if the conference will hand down a suspension to the player for their next game??

Reactions: gsxrace01
Just my opinion, but his ejection was BS........I understand kicking is an ejection, but he sure looked like he was just flailing his legs, not trying to kick someone..........I can't remember , but did that get the same scrutiny as a Targeting call as far as a official review? If I were Stoops I would be more upset with his interaction with the crowd than the penalty, and even that was nothing absolutely horrible, but I am sure Stoops would have rather he take the high road and just ignore them.........Baylor really played like a bunch of punks

Just my opinion, but his ejection was BS........I understand kicking is an ejection, but he sure looked like he was just flailing his legs, not trying to kick someone..........I can't remember , but did that get the same scrutiny as a Targeting call as far as a official review? If I were Stoops I would be more upset with his interaction with the crowd than the penalty, and even that was nothing absolutely horrible, but I am sure Stoops would have rather he take the high road and just ignore them.........Baylor really played like a bunch of punks

I find it hard to root for the Pokes, but I hope you guys bury Baylor. My perception/opinion of Briles, his players and his program took a 180 degree turn after we played them. Bury the Bears!!!

Reactions: iasooner1
After rewatching the game Monday, the guy left his feet, leading with his helmet and hit mixon. If that is not targetting , then I do not understand the rule.

Reactions: gsxrace01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT