ADVERTISEMENT

Just Back From the Game

Scottsdale.Sooner

Sooner starter
Jan 2, 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona (most of the time)
Observations.....our biggest liability on defense is our coaching staff. Mike Stoops had our D out of position on so many occasions. When Howard ran around the corner to end the third quarter Sanchez was tight to the inside buy virtue of the play that was sent in. When Baker was intercepted in the fourth quarter Neal had his hands in the air and had no clue as to the play being called. Our coaching staff was standing there like it was their first game. We have extreme talent on this team. Bond, Striker, Dimon, Tapper, Mayfield, Westbrook and Andrews are exceptional players. The coaching staff needs to play up to the potential on their players.

Scottsdale, I'm not going to get into this debate. I'm just wondering what your family thought of the whole game day experience?

Campus Corner and the tailgates were expectedly low-keyed due to the time of day. But by the time "It's football time in Ok-lahoma!" came over the stadium PA, the place started getting juiced up. Not bad for a rooster kickoff. Except for the "oh-crap, here it comes" 3rd quarter, I thought it was a very decent crowd that was really into the game.

Reactions: Oklabama
22 - the family loves game day. My daughter has been going to games since she was 4 years old....Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl etc. I have a good friend that lives on Brooks St.about 5 blocks west of the stadium....drunk central on most occasions....I don't mind the 11 am games simply for the fact that I remember most of the game (thus my critique above). My wife's first trip to the USA was to an OU texas game..... All baiting aside....we have a good group of players at OU and they are going to get better with every game. I think we beat TCU in Norman and Waco will be ESPN Game Day event. I don't think this team will get complacent with Mayfield at the helm. Lightening rod. I think OU would be better off the half time was 5 or 10 minutes...20 is too long for our guys. I( will say it again and again....Orlando Brown is a beast...not great yet but has the tools to be one of our best OT linemen ever.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Scottsdale, I'm not going to get into this debate. I'm just wondering what your family thought of the whole game day experience?

Campus Corner and the tailgates were expectedly low-keyed due to the time of day. But by the time "It's football time in Ok-lahoma!" came over the stadium PA, the place started getting juiced up. Not bad for a rooster kickoff. Except for the "oh-crap, here it comes" 3rd quarter, I thought it was a very decent crowd that was really into the game.

I liked that you took the high road, 22. Nice.

Reactions: BillyRay
I liked that you took the high road, 22. Nice.

Did someone mention the high road? I'll take the low road....HA

morning_picdump_717_640_21.jpg

Is 22 embarking on a political career? He has becomes diplomatic.

Nah. First off, I'm not smart enough to know whether the coaches are doing their jobs or not. And Secondly, it's Sunday night and I'm thinking more about the butt kicking I'm going to get at work over the next five days by The Man. ;) Thanks for answering my question about your family's day in Norman.

Nah. First off, I'm not smart enough to know whether the coaches are doing their jobs or not. And Secondly, it's Sunday night and I'm thinking more about the butt kicking I'm going to get at work over the next five days by The Man. ;) Thanks for answering my question about your family's day in Norman.
I only like 1100 kicks when it's cool. Otherwise, FS1 can kiss mah ass.

Regarding the 11 am CT starts, they are going to be inevitable for OU, and we may see a lot more of them this year, considering OU's next five games. Networks want to show OU because they are looking like one of the truly viable contenders for the playoff, and everybody wants to see them play.

The majority of kickoffs are around 2:30 pm CT, when OU would normally play. But this last week there were a lot of marquee games, and the Sooners' game against the Mountaineers wasn't the top choice for Fox, even though they wanted to show them.

This week's early start is because while OU looks like a real contender, UT just stinks. I don't know why Fox picked Baylor-Kansas for their early game, but ABC got OU-UT, and I'm guessing they had first choice. For their afternoon game, ABC is showing Georgia Tech-Clemson.

Last week there were several good games on in the early time slot, but when ratings are involved, things get screwy sometimes. One thing is for sure. If OU is 9-0 and Baylor is 9-0 when week 11 comes around, that will be a prime time game with a huge TV audience, and the TCU game could be the same.

Regarding the 11 am CT starts, they are going to be inevitable for OU, and we may see a lot more of them this year, considering OU's next five games. Networks want to show OU because they are looking like one of the truly viable contenders for the playoff, and everybody wants to see them play.

The majority of kickoffs are around 2:30 pm CT, when OU would normally play. But this last week there were a lot of marquee games, and the Sooners' game against the Mountaineers wasn't the top choice for Fox, even though they wanted to show them.

This week's early start is because while OU looks like a real contender, UT just stinks. I don't know why Fox picked Baylor-Kansas for their early game, but ABC got OU-UT, and I'm guessing they had first choice. For their afternoon game, ABC is showing Georgia Tech-Clemson.

Last week there were several good games on in the early time slot, but when ratings are involved, things get screwy sometimes. One thing is for sure. If OU is 9-0 and Baylor is 9-0 when week 11 comes around, that will be a prime time game with a huge TV audience, and the TCU game could be the same.

Yep, 9-0 OU, 9-0 Baylor...that's exactly how my dream goes...

One good thing about 11:00am kicks. Even the people who don't watch our games get to see OU's big plays highlighted over and over and over all day Sarurday and into the evening. There might be more exposure there than the games themselves.

One good thing about 11:00am kicks. Even the people who don't watch our games get to see OU's big plays highlighted over and over and over all day Sarurday and into the evening. There might be more exposure there than the games themselves.

Good point 22.
The football masses, hungry for any kind of filler before their game starts...it's perfect. We get repeated a few hundred times throughout the day, someone is gonna say,
"Wow, those Sooners are pretty salty!"

It could happen...:eek:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT