ADVERTISEMENT

Just a terrible start for the Big 12...........

K2C Sooner

Sooner starter
Sep 2, 2012
Catoosa OK
TCU 23 Minnesota 17. Really? This is the flagship program for our conference this year? Ranked #2 in the nation? I watched the game and with a few key tackles on Boykin they could have easily been beat.

OSU 24 Central Michigan 13. Yeah, that OSU Q-b shined tonight.

Keep this up and we won't have a final 4 team again this year. OU and Texas, you're up.......

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Bodes well for the Sooners?? Could Herbie be right? Is OU going to win the Big 12? It's just the first game against inferior teams that come into the game with far more to gain. Over my lifetime I've seen this a hundred times. This may be just what TCU needed. It will get the attention of both team's staff for sure.

OSU looked OK in the 2nd half. They didn't know their asses from their elbows in the first. 1st game confusion.

TCU's defense still looked dominant. They were flying around and making great tackles. Their defensive line looked surprisingly small and weak though. I wonder if they'll struggle against a big line with big RBs, hint-hint.

It's a long time until we get a crack at TCU, so I'll bet they don't look anything the same come November as they did last night.

Reactions: Oklabama
OSU looked OK in the 2nd half. They didn't know their asses from their elbows in the first. 1st game confusion.

TCU's defense still looked dominant. They were flying around and making great tackles. Their defensive line looked surprisingly small and weak though. I wonder if they'll struggle against a big line with big RBs, hint-hint.

It's a long time until we get a crack at TCU, so I'll bet they don't look anything the same come November as they did last night.

Nah, a long season and TCU will up their game.

Then again, OU should be peaking when we meet them Nov. 21st.
There will be blood.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Jerry Kill is a whale of a coach. He has had Minnesota on the rise. I rank him right up there with Gary Pinkle, Bill Snyder and yes even Garry Patterson at being the masters of taking 3* and juco players and making them good...however TCU may be getting a few 4* players now but still where do they finish in the recruiting rankings every year. The closeness of that game did not surprise me at all.

Meh it's the first game of the season. Plenty of teams start slow. Wouldn't put too much stock in it. I expect OU to have a slow start against Akron tomorrow as well.
Agree.
We're in an age of parity now when upsets and close calls by highly regarded teams are common. There's more to come this season. We could see OU beating Baylor or TCU while losing to Iowa State or Texas Tech.
Look at the national champion Ohio State team of last year. Ambushed at home by 14 points to a 7-6 Virginia Tech team in the second game of the season, it won out the rest of the way.
The old axiom in college football of "losing early and winning late" is truer now than ever before because of such parity.

Reactions: BillyRay
When Monday rolls around they will 1-0 and the beauty contest will be forgotten because some team who should have won will have lost and that will be talk.

Last November, eventual national champion Ohio State went to Minnesota and won by seven. This year, Minnesota is the likely favorite in the Big Ten West. Any road win at a major conference opponent is not a reason for complaining, especially on opening night.

Some saw a near loss. I saw a defense that gave up one touchdown until they backed off to protect a lead at the end. They missed a chip shot field goal and lost a fumble going in or it would have been a calk walk. The Big XII crew also allowed the DB's to mug receivers with the ball in the air, which hurts the team that throws it better.

I don't think TCU is the second best team in the country. But they ain't bad.

I don't think TCU is the second best team in the country. But they ain't bad.

Thing is, whoever is the 2nd best team in the country right now prolly won't be the 2nd best team in the country towards the end of the season when it really counts. This time of year is simply win and survive. Which really that applies all season, but more important to play well enough to survive now, and peak towards the end of the season. So no reason for TCU fans, or any teams fans, to going into panic mode the first week of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT