ADVERTISEMENT

Just a heads up...

He is more than a rascal, he is a true scoundrel! A naredowell. A CAD of epic proportions.

Yelp, he's all that and more.....He does play a hot guitar...........HA!

This_Guy_Is_Winning.jpg

Well, I stalk K2Cs place all the time.
Maybe we could meet there.

Besides, I want to find out if it looks the same on the inside as it does through the binoculars. :D

I am quite certain that can be arranged. Perhaps so that it isn't completely in my disfavor, I can bring along a bit a the old family the K2C might remember. Just as a token of what he escaped from in the past. <grin>

Well, I stalk K2Cs place all the time.
Maybe we could meet there.

Besides, I want to find out if it looks the same on the inside as it does through the binoculars. :D

Well, I have put a new porch on since this photo. New roof and paint coming. A little slice of heaven surrounded by a 1600 acre ranch......Did I mention the deer or 17 pecan trees.....HA!

streetview

I doubt there is 1600 acres close to Catoosa that's worth less than several million. I wanna be your friend!

It's the West Ranch. The old man died and I heard he deeded most of it to Ducks Unlimited. Most of it's flood land butting up against Bird Creek.

I bought that house for 2500 dollars and the holding company paid me 500 dollars to clean it up......I couldn't wait to get out of the snobby addition that I and Absolutes grandfather lived in. It's small, but I love it.

Reactions: iasooner1
It's the West Ranch. The old man died and I heard he deeded most of it to Ducks Unlimited. Most of it's flood land butting up against Bird Creek.

I bought that house for 2500 dollars and the holding company paid me 500 dollars to clean it up......I couldn't wait to get out of the snobby addition that I and Absolutes grandfather lived in. It's small, but I love it.

LOL you said you couldn't wait to get out of it but you loved it. :)

Yeah no kidding! Anyone remember J.B. Hamby? I do. Good guy from the old days.

I could swap stories on JB, both good and bad. He was shot at the Catoosa tag agency and made it next door to a laundry mat before he died. Here's one...My best friend in Catoosa was the first on the scene as an ambulance driver. I asked him what JB's last words were...he told me "Gurgle, Gurgle".

I could swap stories on JB, both good and bad. He was shot at the Catoosa tag agency and made it next door to a laundry mat before he died. Here's one...My best friend in Catoosa was the first on the scene as an ambulance driver. I asked him what JB's last words were...he told me "Gurgle, Gurgle".

I'd love to hear your stories. I was too young to know all the ins an outs but I know he was a no nonsense kinda guy. Bled out from a .22 shot...not the way I wanna go although I've been in situations as dangerous or more than that. Still have to admire the old man. When I think of him, I think of gunsmoke.

LOL you said you couldn't wait to get out of it but you loved it. :)[/QUOTE

Not after my divorce.....

I did love messing with the uppity home owners association. You couldn't have a trailer in your yard for more than 24 hours. I would park it in my drive for 23, then move it to my cousins property a half a mile away, then back. I used to have 4 garage sales a year averaging 4000 dollars due to receiving multiple salesman samples. They passed a rule where I could only have one. I just had people sign with a phone into the first one and have 3 (garage sale) parties. No signs or ads. I was told I couldn't have any political signs in the yard. I fixed that, I just put them all in the bed of my truck (4' by 6')

I loved messing with the Beverly Hillbilly want a be's... Your grandparents excluded.....

I had some Tulsa cop buds that talked of him.
They said he was aggressive and didn't like calling for and waiting on back up.

Or so I was told.

Fitty, he started out as a Rogers County Deputy. He might have been in Foyil or Inola. He became the Catoosa police chief around 1969 or so.

I had some Tulsa cop buds that talked of him.
They said he was aggressive and didn't like calling for and waiting on back up.

Or so I was told.

His reputation for being less than nice to us East Tulsa hoodlums was well known. Never ran across him directly....thankfully. I was in HS when we was killed.

Yep, I hadn't live in the area long when that happened.

It was huge then...cops didn't get shot very often back in those days.

Like I said, I could post some very interesting posts on this subject. You wouldn't have any idea the inside info I have. I think I'll just start a political post instead............HA!

Doubt it was Foyil. I lived there a number of years in High School and never heard his name mentioned. :/

Never heard of the ranchers kid that got shot by Hamby in the Foyil hayfield?

Hamby was undersheriff to the infamous Amos Ward in Rogers County....

Hamby also served under some kind of task force that included Mayes and other adjoining counties before taking the PC job at Catoosa.

Never heard of the ranchers kid that got shot by Hamby in the Foyil hayfield?

Hamby was undersheriff to the infamous Amos Ward in Rogers County....

Hamby also served under some kind of task force that included Mayes and other adjoining counties before taking the PC job at Catoosa.

Nope, but then I was in high school in the early/mid 80's so that was a bit far removed from that time frame. Although Foyil is a very small town so I'm kind of surprised I didn't hear about it although I was a bit of an "outsider".

His reputation for being less than nice to us East Tulsa hoodlums was well known. Never ran across him directly....thankfully. I was in HS when we was killed.

Here's another story since you mentioned East Tulsa. Eye witness account on this one.
I was with my older brother and friends cruising Brookside. Yeah we drank a few beers but always went to the truck stop where the Catoosa WalMart is today. We would drink coffee and eat mints before we had to go home to our parents.
We had some East Central High School guy's start some shit or maybe it was us and of course we jumped out of the booths to take the challenge. It was about 1 AM in the morning and the mouth fight extended to the parking lot. JB was drinking coffee a few booths down and never said a word as we spilled to the parking lot. The Catoosa guy's new he was there, but he seemed to enjoy the whole thing. Just about the time blows were going to be exchanged, Hamby stepped in and arrested the Tulsa guy's. I kid you not. He ran the Catoosa bunch off promising to call our parents the next day, which didn't happen.

I heard later he let the Tulsa guy's go with a laugh and told them never to cross the Tulsa\Rogers county line again.........I'm surprised he didn't let us fight.

I told you I have some stories on this guy..........

Here's another story since you mentioned East Tulsa. Eye witness account on this one.
I was with my older brother and friends cruising Brookside. Yeah we drank a few beers but always went to the truck stop where the Catoosa WalMart is today. We would drink coffee and eat mints before we had to go home to our parents.
We had some East Central High School guy's start some shit or maybe it was us and of course we jumped out of the booths to take the challenge. It was about 1 AM in the morning and the mouth fight extended to the parking lot. JB was drinking coffee a few booths down and never said a word as we spilled to the parking lot. The Catoosa guy's new he was there, but he seemed to enjoy the whole thing. Just about the time blows were going to be exchanged, Hamby stepped in and arrested the Tulsa guy's. I kid you not. He ran the Catoosa bunch off promising to call our parents the next day, which didn't happen.

I heard later he let the Tulsa guy's go with a laugh and told them never to cross the Tulsa\Rogers county line again.........I'm surprised he didn't let us fight.

I told you I have some stories on this guy..........

If that happened between 1976-1978....I wasn't there. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT