ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Thomas?

Well I don't know that he really had any choice but to come back. He wasn't all that great last year either. I think he was over hyped due primarily to his good size for a corner.

Well I don't know that he really had any choice but to come back. He wasn't all that great last year either. I think he was over hyped due primarily to his good size for a corner.

Wasn't great last year? Over-hyped? Your memory eludes you. Guy was a CB stud anyway you cut it last year. One of the most bizarre fall-offs, I've witnessed.

Started in all 13 games ... a first-team All-Big 12 selection by league's coaches and AP ... tied for fifth nationally with 1.5 passes defended per game ... his 17 pass breakups tied for third most in OU single-season history and were eight more than he had his first two seasons combined ... ranked sixth on team with 49 tackles ... registered his two interceptions deep in OU territory (vs. Kansas on 10/29 and vs. Auburn in Sugar Bowl on 1/2) ... tied a career high with seven tackles and broke up three passes vs. Kansas State (10/15) ... all of his career-high four pass breakups against Texas (10/8) came in first half ... named 2016 Preseason All-Big 12 and was on preseason watch list for Bednarik Award.

https://247sports.com/Article/The-O...Thomas-could-be-the-top-CB-in-the-20-52585235

Maybe he was good last year, because he was hardened by jail. Maybe we need to send him back to the clink for another stint, so he can get his juevos back.

http://www.normantranscript.com/spo...cle_2645267a-3edc-11e6-bb01-df9f3584476a.html

I don't think I've ever considered him great. Solid? Yes. This year? Terrible

Solid, good, great, these are all subjective qualifiers. Most people considered Thomas superior to Sanchez last year. Sanchez was a 5th round pick. In my opinion, to be drafted at all, you must be a great player. For Thomas to be better than a 5th round pick last year and considered a potential #1 CB draftee in the 2018 draft, that has "great" written all over it to me.

BTW - approximately 3500 D1 players are eligible for the draft each year and 254 players are drafted. Only 7% of eligible players are drafted.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1
I thought Jordan was really good last year, this year on the other hand he has been terrible. DB's have to have a ton of confidence in order to do their job well, and for some reason he's lacking that confidence this year. Sure would be nice if he would start playing at a high level again.

Each year I'd say there is maybe 2 or 3 at each position that I would consider great. Those are also probably the same guys who are making the all American lists. Thomas in my opinion was never great and neither was Sanchez. Good years? Yes but that's about it

Reactions: JConXtsy
Wasn't great last year? Over-hyped? Your memory eludes you. Guy was a CB stud anyway you cut it last year. One of the most bizarre fall-offs, I've witnessed.

Started in all 13 games ... a first-team All-Big 12 selection by league's coaches and AP ... tied for fifth nationally with 1.5 passes defended per game ... his 17 pass breakups tied for third most in OU single-season history and were eight more than he had his first two seasons combined ... ranked sixth on team with 49 tackles ... registered his two interceptions deep in OU territory (vs. Kansas on 10/29 and vs. Auburn in Sugar Bowl on 1/2) ... tied a career high with seven tackles and broke up three passes vs. Kansas State (10/15) ... all of his career-high four pass breakups against Texas (10/8) came in first half ... named 2016 Preseason All-Big 12 and was on preseason watch list for Bednarik Award.

https://247sports.com/Article/The-O...Thomas-could-be-the-top-CB-in-the-20-52585235

Maybe he was good last year, because he was hardened by jail. Maybe we need to send him back to the clink for another stint, so he can get his juevos back.

http://www.normantranscript.com/spo...cle_2645267a-3edc-11e6-bb01-df9f3584476a.html

If he was as good as you think he was then he would have went to the NFL. He got beat numerous times last season and its only gotten worse.

Thomas's play seem to have taken a huge step backward compared to his 2016 season. Not sure what happened, but seems like he's gotten beat in almost every game this year. Yeah, he's made some plays (see INT vs. KSU), but the handful of good plays have been overshadowed by the number and frequency of times he's gotten beat deep or whiffed on a tackle. Maybe benching him and Motley with Norwood and Brown might light a fire under these guys.

Thomas's play seem to have taken a huge step backward compared to his 2016 season. Not sure what happened, but seems like he's gotten beat in almost every game this year. Yeah, he's made some plays (see INT vs. KSU), but the handful of good plays have been overshadowed by the number and frequency of times he's gotten beat deep or whiffed on a tackle. Maybe benching him and Motley with Norwood and Brown might light a fire under these guys.

If it takes getting benched to light his fire then I'm not sure we want him on the field.

Lots of good info coming out on JT over on the pay board. Depends on how much of it is true or not. If anything hope he gets some help so he can get going down the right path. Wish the kid the best but not much glowingly positive info being posted about him right now.

It doesn't take a stretch of the imagination to guess what's going on considering his prior records, and the fact that he was busted for public intox / disorderly conduct / fighting at a bar / running from police last year while hanging out with a Texas Tech baseball transfer. I don't know that guy's past (the Tech baseballer), but the fact that he was playing baseball at Texas Tech one year and then attending OU the next sans sports.... And he commented to police when caught that he ran because "the last time (he) interacted with police, (he) was taken in on warrants."............ well, take what you will from that.

JT was indeed a stud last year for OU. Why the difference between last year vs this year is a mystery to me, but there is no doubt that his play last year was very worthy.

Reactions: iasooner1
Just like Sanchez, Jordan got worse the longer he stayed. Me finger points at the DB guru with the bulging neck vein up top.

Go back to your old scheme Mike....

OU currently has two former players in the NFL as defensive backs. AaronColvin and Tony Jefferson. Playing in the Big XII, you would think a school like OU would produce more. Just saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT