ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Traber and Sherri Coale

Patriotgame

Sooner commitment
Oct 22, 2002
I meant to ask this question months ago but while back in Oklahoma earlier this year, Traber didn't seem to care for or respect Sherri a great deal...

Anyone have a clue what his issue is?

Reactions: iasooner1
As I understand it, Jim Traber does not like women's sports. He finds any moment to announce what a poor product women's sports is.

Reactions: brsooner
As I understand it, Jim Traber does not like women's sports. He finds any moment to announce what a poor product women's sports is.
Traber doesn't have to like women's sports and I don't care if he or anyone else does or does not.
Interest in any sport played by either gender is subjective.....like movies, art, music, whatever. To each his own.
Men's and women's sports are two different entities, like apples and oranges, and can't be compared intelligently by the physical superiority of one sex over another. To say something like high school boy's teams can beat Coale's team is stupid.
No one denies that male athletes are stronger and faster, so why even bring it into the conversation ?
What I find is that there are some women's sports that are more fun (or as fun) to watch. I don't need some resident coach telling me that the UConn women could never beat a men's team. When I watch a UConn women's basketball game or Coach Gasso's softball team, I'm watch basketball and softball players....period....and I'm not wallowing in the stupidity that says the UConn women can't beat their male counterparts or that Gasso's team can't beat the Houston Astros.

I admit I like Jim and Al. Jim is opinionated which makes for great radio

Definitely entertaining to listen to. Just wish it were entertainment. Looking at the history of his outside life, it's apparent he's just a dick. It sucks supporting a dick (no pun intended).

Definitely entertaining to listen to. Just wish it were entertainment. Looking at the history of his outside life, it's apparent he's just a dick. It sucks supporting a dick (no pun intended).

I'm not really familiar with his outside life. What are you referring to?

Who was the Women OU BB, player that kicked his Ass, one on one and horse about 10 years ago? I know he talked crap and she put him in his place.

I had one encounter with Jim Traber. It was one of those charity golf events and he was in the foresome I drew. Traber was basically as he is on the radio, loud, sometimes polite, sometimes arrogant, but not much unlike other local media celebrities that I’ve been around over the years. I’ve never really enjoyed those times with the exception of being with Danny Williams and former OU players. The thing that soured me on Traber was his insistence that he have his own golf cart. WTF. Weird. I related that to others later and learned that wasn’t uncommon for him. Wow.

Edit: I have to admit Traber is a pretty good golfer and was the A player of the group. Even so.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT