ADVERTISEMENT

Jenni Carlson

I wasn't angry. remember, I live north of Dallas. I don't read Hoover's column except when some angry guy posts it here. But I do watch most of Bob's pressers, both post game and at the start of the week. And in the spring and whenever else. I've seen Hoover in action at pressers and he is an ass h**. if you defend his behavior, when he consistently attempts to embarrass Bob, then I cannot understand why you'd do that.

I'm not complaining about your behavior. But defending Hoover seems pretty strange to me. You're entitled to your strangeness. But I've seen no evidence ever in his demeanor that he is fair to Bob. And I've watched a lot of pressers.

I have in no way ever defended Hoover's behavior with regard to his treatment of Bob during his press conferences. I have only rarely seen bits and pieces of some of the press conferences that are shown on local sports. So I know what you mean and understand how you feel with regard to those situations. I don't watch or listen to press conferences, I read the newspaper. That may be why we are having this conversation without reaching each other. If you don't read Hoover's column you have nothing to go by except the occasional article that is posted here which is critical of either the coaching or players or recruiting or Bob himself. So you really can't be expected to understand that many times Hoover is very complimentary of each group I've referenced and Bob Stoops in particular. I think John Hoover is a jerk too, but I also have found his columns to be interesting and right on the spot many times. Now if you think that is defending Hoover, using your own description, I find that very strange. I suppose we both are comfortable with our "strangeness". I know I am. So lets quit before you begin to hate me.

In reading what you have posted about Saturday's game, I get the feeling that while you are a bit apprehensive, you are anticipating a big win for our team. Maybe I'm not reading you right, but that is exactly how I feel. And, I have come to that conclusion largely as a result of your informative posts. Boomer Sooner!

Reactions: BillyRay
You can go to Soonersports dot com and see pretty much all of Bob's pressers. So instead of reading what Hoover's interpretation was, you can hear the questions and the answers and decide who's being fair or unfair to whom.

You can go to Soonersports dot com and see pretty much all of Bob's pressers. So instead of reading what Hoover's interpretation was, you can hear the questions and the answers and decide who's being fair or unfair to whom.

My original point was that Hoover has written many, many complimentary articles about OU. I am a journalism major and although I worked my entire career in the automotive industry, I still am a newspaper junkie and follow what I was taught 50 years ago. Keep an open mind. I bet I could post under by handle an article written by John Hoover and no one on this board would find it offensive, and you might even give me a like. LOL. I may try listening to a few of Bob's pressers, but I hate bullshit like you have described Hoover doing probably more than you so I will probably will turn it off quickly. Thanks for the heads up.

My original point was that Hoover has written many, many complimentary articles about OU. I am a journalism major and although I worked my entire career in the automotive industry, I still am a newspaper junkie and follow what I was taught 50 years ago. Keep an open mind. I bet I could post under by handle an article written by John Hoover and no one on this board would find it offensive, and you might even give me a like. LOL. I may try listening to a few of Bob's pressers, but I hate bullshit like you have described Hoover doing probably more than you so I will probably will turn it off quickly. Thanks for the heads up.

Ive read the Paper here for years. His best with OU or Stoops in the topic is at best a backhanded compliment. Definitely think he has a BAD case of "little man" syndrome. But...OSU fans love him. :)

Great post. Many OU fans let Hoover get under their skin since he actually presses Bob for answers to questions that annoy him. He doesn't ask the usual "tee-ball" type questions that every other reporters asks him. So of course some posters take that as Hoover being an @55****. In fact, I remember one fan on here that called him "human garbage".

Seriously?

jennicarlson.gif

Not this Jenni, the new and much improved.

Not this Jenni, the new and much improved.

Ya Jenni Carlson has lost a ton of weight since that pic was taken. Nowadays I dunno if she could be considered "smoking hot", but I think she looks pretty good. She is certainly doable in her current form, if for anything to just be able to say you banged Jenni Carlson around an OU tailgate just to be able to say it. haha :D

Here is a more recent pic
JCMUG2.jpg

Funny anecdote circa 1971. I was 21.
I was really getting out there...stirring the cocktail of life in a rapid fashion.

I woke up one morning after 'one of those nights'...about 4 in the morning, I had to take a squirt.
I came back to my vintage Cali King size waterbed and some girl says, "Hello...are you up?"
I went over and turned on the light on the night stand...
OMG!
Dawn of the dead!

I mean, I'm sure she was a nice gal but, I could not believe that my discretion had failed me like that.
I quickly begin to form a plan.
I told her..."I have a dairy farm, and I have to be there in one hour to get it going for the day".
"Please, get dressed".

I got back around 5:30...slept until noon...

I wasn't a good person then...admitting all this stuff is part of the healing process...:eek:
Reminds me of a story an old friend of mine told a few years ago. He said he hooked up with this woman in a bar when he was in the service, he siad he had quite a few and he thought she looked pretty good until he woke up the next morning. He said if he could have gnawed his own arm off he would have to get out of that bed. I told him she was probably thinking the same thing ha ha!

Ya Jenni Carlson has lost a ton of weight since that pic was taken. Nowadays I dunno if she could be considered "smoking hot", but I think she looks pretty good. She is certainly doable in her current form, if for anything to just be able to say you banged Jenni Carlson around an OU tailgate just to be able to say it. haha :D

Here is a more recent pic
JCMUG2.jpg
From a distance and if I squint real hard, yeah I see your point.

I don't think that highly of jenni but she doesn't deserve the responses in this thread. Let's post pics of the wives and daughters of everyone who was mean spirited here and pick them apart.

So is Jenni a OU or OSU fan? Don't know what the hell it is but I think she is really hot. Guess maybe I am just a sucker for women that are into sports.

My Poke buddies have told me that when she does her "ooooh' face, she bleats Baaaahaaa.

Yep this board still sucks what a immature bunch of post. I agree with Harry put your wife, girlfriend or daughters picture on here and we can decide if she's doable. criticize her writing that's fair but this disrespectful crap is nonsense. some of you probably can't do anyone without pecker pills.

Yep this board still sucks what a immature bunch of post. I agree with Harry put your wife, girlfriend or daughters picture on here and we can decide if she's doable. criticize her writing that's fair but this disrespectful crap is nonsense. some of you probably can't do anyone without pecker pills.

ok. I'll go first, I can take it. Here is the love of my life, bein' sexy.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bill Connors never played gotccha. Ever!

He wrote stuff that real fans and supporters of the program loved to read.

I don't think Sooner fans, as much as they loved him, understood how good they had it when Bill was their primary OU info source.

Ten years after Bob is gone, most OU fans will feel the same way about him.

I feel that way about Stoops now! But I also like some objectivity about my Sooners vs reading how everything is rosey. Bob knew his game was off last year, as did Hoover. The only diffence is that Hoover's job is to report it and Bob's job is to correct it. We saw the best of both of them at the end of the season last year. As both did their job.

Couldn't disagree more. Hoover is a hack seeking to be divisive to the program and to embarass Bob as much as he can. If that is his job, then his boss is an idiot. Which I doubt.

Great post. Many OU fans let Hoover get under their skin since he actually presses Bob for answers to questions that annoy him. He doesn't ask the usual "tee-ball" type questions that every other reporters asks him. So of course some posters take that as Hoover being an @55****. In fact, I remember one fan on here that called him "human garbage".

Have you ever read one of his articles? Serious question.

Clearly I used that ability to respond to your last post. So your most recent posting would bring me to ask you if you have reading comprehension issues?? If that's the case, seek medical attention if you have such trouble comprehending a one-word post.

LOL. Lighten up Francis.

Billyray don't hurt his feelings... We dont want him leaving the board again. Y'all hug it out

I don't think I've ever had you on ignore.... You are confusing me with your pal wnas lol

Jenni Carlson frequently gets picked on, bites on the double move and regularly gets beat deep. Definitely not an elite writer like some here claim. I'll say she sucks regularly but then claim she's above average if anybody calls me out on it.

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
Jenni Carlson frequently gets picked on, bites on the double move and regularly gets beat deep. Definitely not an elite writer like some here claim. I'll say she sucks regularly but then claim she's above average if anybody calls me out on it.

I think what you're trying to say is - she could start in our secondary.

Yeah tulsan with your long absence after getting your feelings hurt and my unfair ban we have missed several months together. Don't worry we are back to being besties again.

Yeah tulsan with your long absence after getting your feelings hurt and my unfair ban we have missed several months together. Don't worry we are back to being besties again.

Got my feelings hurt?? LMAO. You know me about as well as you know football, and you getting banned was the best thing that happened to this board in a few years. Good news is you're so outnumbered again it's pure entertainment.

Yes you got your feelings hurt lol. While I think wnas is a head case at times, he definitely got the best of you. I like reading both of yalls comments so stick around this time

Tulsan you are a grown man who got his feelings hurt on a message board and stopped posting for months....lol. Wnas can't help it he was right about Heupel

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT