ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Phillips?

Any news on him with the LSU visit

I read where we will hear his final decision tomorrow. It was reported he was using social media all weekend long with the Sooner 17 recruits. I have no idea if that is positive or negative.

We are still in the hunt with a 4* ILB from Georgia. I think his name is Tyler or Taylor?

Here's a link from a PWO recruit we apparently picked up yesterday..

https://twitter.com/KaseyKelleher

I read where we will hear his final decision tomorrow. It was reported he was using social media all weekend long with the Sooner 17 recruits. I have no idea if that is positive or negative.

We are still in the hunt with a 4* ILB from Georgia. I think his name is Tyler or Taylor?

Here's a link from a PWO recruit we apparently picked up yesterday..

https://twitter.com/KaseyKelleher

Where did you read he'd make a decision tomorrow?

Dad is wrong; don't doubt us on this one kid
I'm with you on this one. I took a scientific approach: JP looks truly happy and at ease in his pics with OU while the pics with LSU looked a little forced and uneasy . Regardless wish the young man all the luck seems to be a good dude.

Maybe he is helping OU by talking to Wilson and getting him onboard with OU. LSU had several big time recruits on campus this past weekend. Maybe Phillips is trying to close out the recruiting class by landing a DT recruit.

Phillips had a great LSU visit......some say 50-50 between OU and LSU........a few say he's calling Stoops tonight with bad news.

Lots of info over on the pay board. Like CT said, right now it looks to be about 50-50. Which prior to the LSU visit, there was zero reason to doubt it was 100% OU. Ends up the LSU visit for Jacobs just exceeded all his expectations and now has put some doubt into his head.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
At this point, clearly the deciding factor in all of this is LSU's message board just must be overly more positive about their coaches than this board.

Our best hope is start flooding this board with nothing but glowing opinions about the coaches and OU football. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Jacob's pays this board a visit and buys into it.

It's our only chance!!!!

JP appears to be a fine young man I wish him the best. I fear I cannot make a better argument than the coaches have already made; if I can we are down a recruit. I believe for whatever reason(s) JP may be moving towards a choice he is uncertain of. Trust yourself, your gut and your heart:

The ones that want to be here will be here the ones that don't won't. I'll be really excited if he sticks and hope for the best for him if he chooses another school. Seems to me it would be a no brainer between Coach Stoops and Coach O, but what do I know.

Phillips had a great LSU visit......some say 50-50 between OU and LSU........a few say he's calling Stoops tonight with bad news.
Well, word has it that most players who have been recruited by and/or simply played for Orgeron absolutely love him, so I certainly don't like our chances if they got the last face-to-face visit.

Reactions: iasooner1
OU will never get every player it wants. No team will.
Phillips, from a state that OU rarely recruits from, committed early and therefore has given other teams time to keep coming after him.
If he doesn't come to OU, that's just the nature of the beast in the game of recruiting.
So let's not sweat this situation too much and see what happens by February 1st.
With or without Phillips, this 2017 class is very good.

I may be wrong on this, but I believe the longer Phillips takes to decide, the more it favors OU.
If his decision takes several days, say 3-4 days, I think it's because he's listening to Stoops carefully.....and vice versa.

hope we can still pull Phillips, but if he goes good luck to the kid, Someone I would like to see step up and play in that middle spot next season is Jon-Michael Terry. He has the size to play in the middle and could play every down. Has very good ball skills.

At least if he comes to OU, the head coach will still most likely be here throughout his college career. No doubt Orgeron loves LSU, but I doubt LSU is still going to love him in a couple of years.

It's been nonstop for days now. Can't copy/past pay board material, but if you wanna sign up for a membership there is a ton of good reading over there. :cool:
Kinda crazy I have not been this interested in a recruit since Robert Meachem circa 2002. I remember listening to him on the internet announcing his commitment to Tennessee (SEC school). I believe Phillips with Kelly could be special. My gut tells me there is a true friendship with this year's recruits and Phillips is considering LSU (mostly) because of a family member or close connection. Here is to the good guys winning a recruitment leading to something special. Would almost be poetic a 5* recruit from Tennessee choosing OU over an SEC team.

Kinda crazy I have not been this interested in a recruit since Robert Meachem circa 2002. I remember listening to him on the internet announcing his commitment to Tennessee (SEC school). I believe Phillips with Kelly could be special. My gut tells me there is a true friendship with this year's recruits and Phillips is considering LSU (mostly) because of a family member or close connection. Here is to the good guys winning a recruitment leading to something special. Would almost be poetic a 5* recruit from Tennessee choosing OU over an SEC team.

Its not like the SEC can offer him anything more than just close proximity in geography....
Alabama check
Tennessee twice check
Auburn check

Orgeron left Ole Miss a train wreck. He doesn't have much career clout as a HC.

I would be more interested in Clemson than any school in that area at this point. But they just lost their all world QB and WR so they wont be the offensive juggernaut this coming year.

OU has a another in-home visit on Friday. If we get to that point without any bad news and the visit happens, the odds tilt dramatically back in our favor. At this point, there has been no indication of a flip or desire to cancel the visit.

No big deal. We'll be fine. I wish him the best. And I don't say this out of bitterness, but I'd bet he doesn't play in a single SEC championship game. I just don't think Coach O is the guy to get them back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT