ADVERTISEMENT

It's OU against the world

BawlzDeep

OU scholarship offer
Dec 16, 2013
It seems ESPN and all of its ilk continue to throw backhand comments at OU. Why are there so many in the clueless media riding the jock of Houston? All OU does is win the majority of its game and runs a clean program. Yet, I hear on different radio stations and sports blogs about how Houston will upset OU and blah blah blah.

I for one, believe OU is going to come out and show the nation what being a Sooner is all about.

Let's go!

Reactions: K2C Sooner
It seems ESPN and all of its ilk continue to throw backhand comments at OU. Why are there so many in the clueless media riding the jock of Houston? All OU does is win the majority of its game and runs a clean program. Yet, I hear on different radio stations and sports blogs about how Houston will upset OU and blah blah blah.

I for one, believe OU is going to come out and show the nation what being a Sooner is all about.

Let's go!
Well, by virtue of all that I feel confident for the W.
Houston, despite their recent good fortune hasn't exactly tore it up as a rule...ever.

So all this hype is good for OU in that we can disregard all the pregame crap and focus on what matters, because we've been here before, hundreds of times.
Houston, with few exceptions hasn't, and it won't bode well for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: K2C Sooner
Yeah, let em talk. Read in the paper here in Arkansas a few days ago the local sports writer did his top 25 poll and gave his opinions on the upcoming season about his choices. He had us 5th which is ok but he always takes a jab at OU. He said "Baker Mayfield is a great story and qb", he said Perine is difficult to tackle." Nothing awry there but then he said "OU will win a lot of games but probably not the last one."
I was surprised he said anything good about OU but he had to throw in the last sentence to even it out. He is and always has been anti OU.

What sports writers and talk show pundits say are only opinions. The only difference is they get paid for their opinion and I provide mine for free.
If some journalist states for example, that Craig Biggio does not belong on the Hall of Fame, I simply discard his credibility and move on.

The "talking heads", all saying that if Houston beats us, they will go undefeated. Yeah, whatever. We will kick some butt.

I'll be watching Will Johnson when we see Greg Ward run. I believe that is the key to the game.....Get him Will. The most under rated player from last year, IMO...........

Reactions: OUSOONER67
New year, same song and dance by the talking heads. We always get a couple who believe and are sold on the Sooners preseason, but seems like the ones who delight in seeing the Sooners stumble are the majority and are always there to say, "I told you the Sooners were overrated" while kissing up to the SEC.

Let's go!
This is exactly what OU needs right out of the gate. Houston will have OU's full attention and the coaches won't even have to get them fired up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT