ADVERTISEMENT

It will be an all indoor World Series.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
Arizona and Texas with the Rangers having the home field advantage starting Friday night. Considering the weather for Friday and Saturday in the Metroplex is for lots of rain that started today, it's a good thing that it will be indoors. Both these teams lost more than 100 games two years ago.

Well the roof was open last night in Phoenix for the Rangers' win in game 3. I anticipate it will be open tonight again - the weather here has been clear and mild for the last few days. (Clear and hot previous weeks/months).

Former OU pitcher Jon Gray got the W last night with a stellar 3 innings after Scherzer had to sit. Tonight, the good guys go with Andrew Heaney (Oklahoma City native and former OSU Cowboy) for the start. Maybe the Okies can push the Texas Rangers to the World Series Championship!

Reactions: iasooner2000
I think Bochy is less confident in Heaney than he is in Dunning. And if he's going to use both, I suspect he'd expect more innings from Dunning. That might be accentuated with a lefty starting so his righty gets a lefty facing lineup. I'd be surprised if they get more than six outs from Heaney. Hope for 9 or 10. If they can get six innings from the two, it would be great. I'd be shocked if that happens.

I'd think they might get two innings from Sborz and Leclerc. I'd be surprised if we see Chapman today. As shaky as he's been in five months in Texas, he's been dreadful mostly when pitching back to back days. Bradford will fit in there somewhere. Perez, Stratton and Will Smith have to give them the other 27 outs. That good thing about being on the road, is that sometimes, when you lose. you only have to get 24 outs. If they get taken down today, then they should be able to count on Sborz, Chapman and Leclerc tomorrow. This is the toughest game Bochy has to manage with his pitching staff. But Ranger runs might be hard t come by, if Garcia is out for awhile. I heard Albert Pujois saying this morning that he didn't think Garcia would be back.

I get a kick out the outlined box strike zone on the screen. Only the ump can call that strike.

For the second time in their post season in their history, the Rangers are one win away. They are essentially a 62-year-old franchise. In the next four days, I really hope that fourth win happens. Tomorrow would be sweet.

Well I was thrilled with the outcome of the game last night, although it was a little white-knuckle at the end. I took my wife to her first ever baseball game (she had been to cricket matches before) and I may have created a monster. Now she wants to go to lots of games next year (maybe Arizona fall league games too).

Here's hoping that the Rangers finish it off tonight! It might be very difficult if they actually have to win another game at home.

Reactions: iasooner2000
The Snakes seemed to have a big focus on how to attack Iovaldi and Montgomery and were close to beating both in Arlington. This ain't over. If they win tonight's, l fear they have a great chance to take the Series.

We need Big Game Nate to show up tonight.

Wow after 63 years (Senators/Rangers), the Rangers finally got the trophy!

My wife just asked me: "Why didn't we go to the game tonight instead of last night???"

I was happy with the win last night in person, but I was also very happy being able to watch the win tonight from the comfort of my couch.

World Champion Texas Rangers. Let that sink in!

Wow after 63 years (Senators/Rangers), the Rangers finally got the trophy!

My wife just asked me: "Why didn't we go to the game tonight instead of last night???"

I was happy with the win last night in person, but I was also very happy being able to watch the win tonight from the comfort of my couch.

World Champion Texas Rangers. Let that sink in!
I love the game of baseball. Disappointed the Phil's didn't get in but none the less, them rangers sure put on a show. Fantastic baseball!

I find baseball during the regular season, kind of hard to sit and watch for nine innings. It's kind of similar to the NHL. If anybody the Stars is playing, I can play on my computer with the game on, and watch replays when somebody scores. But the playoffs in both are different. And my history with MLB goes back to the mid-50's, sitting on the sofa Saturdays with my favorite uncle watching Dizzy Dean and Buddy Blatner calling the games. And after a couple of years, Pee Wee Reese replaced Blatner. (that may have two t's) And we couldn't watch the World Series except on weekends, because all of the games in the WS were in the daytime, until the 70's. I think it was 1971. I know it was the Pirates, who were my favorite team against the Orioles. Bruce Kison was a young pitcher, and he replaced Luke Walker, a lefty facing a Baltimore team the did a little platooning. It might have be the rematch 8 years later.

But the point I wanted make, was the playoff baseball is compelling, as is the Cup playoffs in the NHL. Those little trivial things that in the regular season, are often the product of teams dealing with travel disadvantages, or something else, and are discounted as there's always tomorrow. In the playoffs, the smallest thing can make a difference, where everything can matter, and usually does.

I loved the finish, after screaming at the ball-strike caller for the first 4 or 5. There were a lot of things that impressed me about the Rangers. But the most amazing thing was their defense. So many incredible plays. And ALL the routine or a little tougher plays. I think that was the product of a great manager and and general manager who began his rebuild with a great shortstop and a great second baseman. And then a ton of speed in the outfield.

If the Sooners turn things around and make the playoffs and then win two, this will be the best year of my life. Even better, God sends me a good woman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT