ADVERTISEMENT

Is this lose really all that surprising?

SoonerLore

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2008
South Texas
I mentioned this in another thread but wanted to expound just a bit.

Why are we surprised? Very very few people were predicting anything better that a 3 or 4 lose season due to having a plethora of new coaches and new schemes. We all knew good and well that prior to the last couple of seasons we had some coaches who had not taken recruiting as serious as it needs to be taken. However, in the last month we beat 4 teams that frankly are not worthy of being ranked, but started climbing in the polls. Some other teams had unexpected loses so we managed to jump into the top 10. Why on earth did we fall for it? Beating Tulsa, an average Tennessee team really make us think we were ready to reclaim the throne on the big 12 and step back into the spotlight as a contender for a playoff berth? Guys we all fell victim to believing out own press. We are not a top 10 team and acting like we are and simply not living up to our potential is a little ridiculous. Hell I started believing it myself and damn sure knew better.

In all actuality the only thing that really and truly pisses me off in Mike Stoops. I am never going to claim to be a football guru, but even I darn sure knew Texas was a one trick pony. Stop the run and their is not a durn thing they can do about it. Now maybe football has passed me by but I have never seen a team attempt to stop the run by only having two defensive linemen. Heck I was fully expecting to see 8 men in the box all day long and us force Heard to beat us through the air. Sure blame can be placed on the OL or receivers but are those issues really that surprising? Not to me, but what the hell do I know? Anyhow that is my two cents and I know it isn't particularly a valuable two cents and there will be plenty of people who don't read this, totally disagree with me, or whatever else. But my question remains... Why are we so surprised?

Reactions: Tigers1978
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.