ADVERTISEMENT

Is This Bob's Worst Defeat...

Losing to osu at home that year was worse. Man there are just way too many big losses to choose from

I think OSU 2001 was the worst. Tech in Norman wasn't good. This was really bad because we couldn't stop a one-dimensional team. That demonstrates a complete lack of adaptation.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
ever all things considered? Tell me one that was worse.

Boomer Sooner
It's just another ambush loss for OU during a time when Stoops is no longer the coach he was early on.
IMO, Stoops' worst losses, in games that had much more on the line, were:
55-19 in the 2004 championship game vs USC.
45-35 vs Texas in 2008.
35-7 vs KSU in the conference championship in 2003.
24-14 in the championship game vs Florida after the 2008 season.
Lots of ambush losses, but too numerous to mention.

This isn't even close. Many others that have been mentioned. Heck the Big 12 championship game against KSU was worse IMO. The game was for a championship. Sorry, CT, didn't notice you mentioned the KSU game.

It's just another ambush loss for OU during a time when Stoops is no longer the coach he was early on.
IMO, Stoops' worst losses, in games that had much more on the line, were:
55-19 in the 2004 championship game vs USC.
45-35 vs Texas in 2008.
35-7 vs KSU in the conference championship in 2003.
24-14 in the championship game vs Florida after the 2008 season.
Lots of ambush losses, but too numerous to mention.

Boise St, WVU, both Fiesta bowls...all games that have you asking...What the?

The 2001 OSU loss was first of our annual "how could this possibly happen?" losses. No such losses occurred in 2008. A new worry is the annual "gift wrapped" win for an opponent. Think Texas in 2013 and OSU in 2014.

There are just too many to choose from. I honestly just have no more confidence in Stoops to win these big games. Who cares if we win 9 or 10 games every year if we can't win the big ones?

There are just too many to choose from. I honestly just have no more confidence in Stoops to win these big games. Who cares if we win 9 or 10 games every year if we can't win the big ones?[/QUOTE

Just another crappy loss to what was supposed to be a crappy team. Too much credit for winning the against so-so teams after being called out in the preseason for lacking a good OL. Hey everyone, it's true. Why are you surprised? Every win should be cherished, and most losses should be understood. Just enjoy the wins that happen.

I don't know. We were ranked 10, had a 4-0 record playing a 1-4 team in our big rivalry game in front of a national audience including a ton of recruits.

Consider also how badly we played on offense and our meager game stats.

Under Mike, we have a history of tackling deficiencies. That trend continues.

Boomer Sooner

Yea, not sure you can say 08 Texas, or 08 NC game. OU lost to 2 very good teams. Both those opponents lost 1 game that season. The WV game where OU gave up 400 on the ground was maybe the worst. Quitting against USC was probably the 2nd.

I'm at a point where I don't think Bob Stoops will ever win another big XII championship. He hasn't won an outright since 2010. Like many others, he has been unable to handle fame and money and maintain the drive.

Yea, not sure you can say 08 Texas, or 08 NC game. OU lost to 2 very good teams. Both those opponents lost 1 game that season. The WV game where OU gave up 400 on the ground was maybe the worst. Quitting against USC was probably the 2nd.
Losing a national championship game is always bad, especially losing three out of four of such games....and especially not even showing up in one of them.

Reactions: iasooner1
I'm at a point where I don't think Bob Stoops will ever win another big XII championship. He hasn't won an outright since 2010. Like many others, he has been unable to handle fame and money and maintain the drive.

Not sure that I agree with you about the Big 12 championship but I'm on record that I don't think OU will win another national championship with Bob as our head coach. I wish I didn't feel that way but I do. Posted that more than once last season.

The 2001 OSU loss was first of our annual "how could this possibly happen?" losses. No such losses occurred in 2008. A new worry is the annual "gift wrapped" win for an opponent. Think Texas in 2013 and OSU in 2014.

sooners complaining of "gift wrapped wins" by an opponent is laughable. Whenever ou wins by a "gift" it is always called sooner magic. Get over it. Your team sucks.

Not sure that I agree with you about the Big 12 championship but I'm on record that I don't think OU will win another national championship with Bob as our head coach. I wish I didn't feel that way but I do. Posted that more than once last season.
Unfortunately bama it is kinda looking that way. After 2000 I thought we would surely have won at least another one by now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT