ADVERTISEMENT

Is OU hiring non-coaching football staff?

dtrain87

Walk-on candidate
Oct 5, 2016
I see UT is going to hire a shadow staff that handles football operations on the non-coaching side so that the coaches coach and these guys handle recruiting, game prep/game plans and are basically a staff of GAs/aids/assistants that do the dirty work so that the coaches just focus on coaching. There will also be a max of like 5 that handle football conditioning and nutrition. The football program will be broken into three components of coaching, recruiting/scouting/GP and conditioning/nutrition. All together this makes the football staff out to about 20-25 total.

Evidently this is a Tom Herman deal. I caught a snippet of him talking about support staff referencing Alabama. Saban has non-coaching support on the payroll that includes x-head coaches. I don't know what their functions are but it's probably the wave of the future since Nick is doing it. Maybe Urban had something similar when Herman was with him at OSU.

Evidently this is a Tom Herman deal. I caught a snippet of him talking about support staff referencing Alabama. Saban has non-coaching support on the payroll that includes x-head coaches. I don't know what their functions are but it's probably the wave of the future since Nick is doing it. Maybe Urban had something similar when Herman was with him at OSU.
I think it is law officing football with legal secretaries, legal assistants and research staff. any edge you can get to win. The assistants do all the work and the attorneys argue the cases in court...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT