ADVERTISEMENT

Is beating the Horns even fun anymore?

trademarcs

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2008
Bevo has rolled over and died. When we beat them next weekend will you feel like you just beat up the retarded kid in grade school? Would you look at this win like you do your wife......you know, "been there, done that"?

Guess with the shorthorns swirling in the toilet...game time will be the dreaded 11am for the RRS. I can see some big numbers for Mayfield in this game...like over 400 yards passing and also a Knight sighting.

I can't help but think that we get their last ditch effort to salvage their season. If they've laid down we'll run them out the stadium. If we squeak by them and give them another heartbreaking loss, they'll be dead for sure, with only Kansas as a "guaranteed" win left on the schedule.

I know you guys are enjoying the debacle in Austin almost as much as I am. Screw Texas.

That said, Texas has pissed-off athletes that hate OU just as badly. The Sooner players better be mentally prepared for this game, just as much as the WV or Tennessee games.

I know you guys are enjoying the debacle in Austin almost as much as I am. Screw Texas.

That said, Texas has pissed-off athletes that hate OU just as badly. The Sooner players better be mentally prepared for this game, just as much as the WV or Tennessee games.
Beating Texas is always good and historically the game has been the biggest game each year, but now, the game has been diminished. OU and Texas need each other to be good. The Big 12 Conference also needs both teams to be relevant. Texas looks to be a long way from being the Texas we have come to know and hate.
The demise of Texas would be better felt if OU could hold its own against the rest of the Big 12. With issues on the offensive line and erratic play overall, OU has issues to resolve before OU fans can taunt Texas or any other foe.

Answer to the OP's question: HELL YES! Beating Texas is always fun and will never get old no matter how many consecutive wins OU were to roll up. Same goes for Okie State. Any season we lose to either UT or OSU leaves a bitter taste in my mouth no matter how good they are. But that's just me. Let Texas suck forever as far as I'm concerned.

Best remember 2013 ... Sooners went in has huge favorites in Mack Brown's last season and ... had their butts handed to them. Sooners better go in expecting a battle because that is what they are going to get.

Reactions: iasooner1
Beating the horns it always my #1 priority during the season. Everything else revolves around that. Besides, the horns still own the overall series record. If they continue to stay down we can close that gap quickly. Not sure what the gap is currently.

I just have this feeling it's going to be another 40 point beat down. If we lose to this hapless Horn squad, I'll kiss Charlie's bare ass in front of the choir at church next Sunday.

I can't help but think that we get their last ditch effort to salvage their season. If they've laid down we'll run them out the stadium. If we squeak by them and give them another heartbreaking loss, they'll be dead for sure, with only Kansas as a "guaranteed" win left on the schedule.

This is what I expect, without aTm, this is it for Texass

Bevo has rolled over and died. When we beat them next weekend will you feel like you just beat up the retarded kid in grade school? Would you look at this win like you do your wife......you know, "been there, done that"?
Yes its a blast kicking their asses!!! Trust me Texas will be ready to play in the Cotton Bowl.... This the the Texas bowl game.

Reactions: toadfrog
Pryor remembers 2013. How about 2008? Sam and the boys took a beating. Only the miracle in Lubbock and playing Tech at home made the season. As someone who suffered through the 1-12 streak from '58 to '70, beating the Horns never gets old. And remember what the great John Blake team did to a superior Horn team in '96. I hope this one will be easy like the fun Hollieway games in 86-87. But not counting on it.

Exactly!! Whether Texas is up or down is irrelevant to how much enjoyment OU fans get out of beating them. It's always fun!!!

But what makes games like this even riskier, is if OU shows up thinking Texas is down and it will be an easy win and OU lays an egg....just like a couple years ago in Mack's last RRR game. Situations like this year make losses sting MUCH MUCH MUCH worse. Don't forget that.

OU's coaches and players better show up for a fired up Texas team. Even if Strong has lost the team, they will show up for OU. Bank on it!!

Been having a recurring nightmare.
The horns are pulling off a colossal ruse this year.
Tanking games, spitting the bit on purpose to lull OU and the world into thinking they aint got nothing.

Then when we play this coming Saturday they come out doing a 1978 Pittsburgh Steelers impersonation and beat us down 42-7.

Then it dawned on me, not even the horns are that imaginative, cunning or diabolical.
They're just bad.

As others have stated, there are a number of factors which make beating the Horns enjoyable no matter the circumstances. The long losing streak in the 60s, the dismal 90s starting with four straight losses to Peter Gardere, losing something like four out of five to Vince (six) Young and Colt McCoy, etc. Between that and the Horn fans bringing up the disparity in the historical series record every time they lose, we could beat the Horns 30 straight times and it would never get old.

I hear all the talk about Blake's underdog squad, losing in 2008 to and 2013 when OU was favored and that this will be the horns' bowl game and they'll be fired up, etc., etc., etc. But let's face it, this is a terrible horn squad that has one, maybe two playmakers on offense, a defense that is struggling and special teams that are just that, special. They are disorganized, don't appear to be well-coached and are playing very poorly right now. Saturday will be a beat down as OU puts the foot on the gas and doesn't let up.

I hear all the talk about Blake's underdog squad, losing in 2008 to and 2013 when OU was favored and that this will be the horns' bowl game and they'll be fired up, etc., etc., etc. But let's face it, this is a terrible horn squad that has one, maybe two playmakers on offense, a defense that is struggling and special teams that are just that, special. They are disorganized, don't appear to be well-coached and are playing very poorly right now. Saturday will be a beat down as OU puts the foot on the gas and doesn't let up.

Well. there's all that and it's no secret that OU always puts in some 'special' plays on offense and defense just for Texas.
They've been doing that since Bud.

(see Roy Williams, Superman play)

I hear 'ya, Schoonerman, and it makes perfect sense. However, in my lifetime, we're sub-.500 against the Horns and it seems like they've upset us more than we've upset them. I take no RRS game for granted--just can't do it.

I hear 'ya, Schoonerman, and it makes perfect sense. However, in my lifetime, we're sub-.500 against the Horns and it seems like they've upset us more than we've upset them. I take no RRS game for granted--just can't do it.

I'll give that to you WP, a couple of ugly precedents come to mind.

Arkansas in the Orange Bowl, (would've been a title game for us) and that anomaly of them all, Kansas in 1975.
(that crushed my world, fate dictated we win the natty title anyway)

Eh, we'll be fine...either that or we'll be the butt of many jokes that suffered the worst upset since WW2.:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT