ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State Cyclones played their hearts out today

iasooner1

Sooner starter
Nov 13, 2002
Frozen tundra Merica, dammit
Versus the Pokes but came up just short. They will improve and be more competitive next year under their current coaching staff

The hawx on the other hand played zero Offense at Wisconsin. Their only points were provided by their Defense. Does anyone have a clue if/when the b1g will enter the 21st Century regarding the overall philosophy of "modern football" ?

Reactions: veritas59
I watched some of the game and this coach is the real deal.I saw the end but didn't see what happened to their starting QB I am guessing he was hurt.Hats off to Iowa-State they are a team to be respected again.

Reactions: iasooner1
Versus the Pokes but came up just short. They will improve and be more competitive next year under their current coaching staff

The hawx on the other hand played zero Offense at Wisconsin. Their only points were provided by their Defense. Does anyone have a clue if/when the b1g will enter the 21st Century regarding the overall philosophy of "modern football" ?
You're right about the Big X. They still play 1960's football (slow tempo and crappy QB play) and, to a lesser extent, some of the SEC teams. They have a major disadvantage playing up-tempo schools that exhaust their bulky and lumbering players that are better suited to the NFL game than the evolving college game. The major problem is that the old school CFP committee members are so biased, enamored and aligned in many ways to that style of "traditional" play within those conferences giving them preferential consideration.

I truly believe there are at least 3-4 Big XII teams that would give many of the top rated Big X and SEC teams major grief and losses.

Last edited:
The hawx board had a great thread last night: Wisc 38 - Josh Jackson (their defender that had two pick 6's) 14. Comedy ! Their game stats were dismal; 66 yards in 50 plays. Worst by a Ferentz coached team since 2004 and NO I have not commented on their forum this year...

ps. Their "official game" thread had about 1200 replies

Last edited:
Reactions: Senior Sooner
You're right about the Big X. They still play 1960's football (slow tempo and crappy QB play) and, to a lesser extent, some of the SEC teams. They have a major disadvantage playing up-tempo schools that exhaust their bulky and lumbering players that are better suited to the NFL game than the evolving college game. The major problem is that the old school CFP committee members are so biased, enamored and aligned in many ways to that style of "traditional" play within those conferences giving them preferential consideration.

I truly believe there are at least 3-4 Big XII teams that would give many of the top rated Big X and SEC teams major grief and losses.

I think they also build their teams for the weather they play in. Playing basketball on a football field doesn't play as well up north.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT