ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Trivia - Who's the OU career INT leader?

Sanchez is currently at 11. If he were to remain his senior year, he would be within reach of this record holder based on avg INT/games.
This might be a little misleading. More teams are a lot more pass happy than they used to be so there are many more opportunities for INT's. As I said earlier, I highly doubt Sanchez would be starting on many of Barry's teams.

Billy has it. Royal at 17 INTs.

Rickey Dixon - 16
Zach Henderson, Sonny Brown - 15

I would predict right now that Zack gets on this list, but he probably won't surpass Royal.

This might be a little misleading. More teams are a lot more pass happy than they used to be so there are many more opportunities for INT's. As I said earlier, I highly doubt Sanchez would be starting on many of Barry's teams.

Not sure about that. Players today are bigger than they were then.
Sanchez may seem like a twerp by today's standards, but he's the same size or slightly larger than Rickey Dixon at 5'11" ~180lbs. Rickey did just fine.

Reactions: Oklabama
Ya know it burns my Texas buddies up down here when I remind them that Royal played at OU. It's like they want to try to ignore that little factual nugget as if it will cease to be true if they ignore it hard enough. haha I love to remind them that Texas football would be irrelevant if not for a product of the OU football program, that the best thing that ever happened to Texas was developed by OU. hahaha

There's nothing misleading about the post. I'm not trying to continue a Sanchez debate here. I'm not baiting.

Zack has 11 picks in 32 games. That's 0.3056 picks/game.
If he were to play his senior year, he would have 20 games remaining. 20 * .3056 = 6 more picks
11 + 6 = 17

Zack Sanchez is on pace to match Darrell Royal's OU record for INTs - nothing more, nothing less.

There's nothing misleading about the post. I'm not trying to continue a Sanchez debate here. I'm not baiting.

If he were to play his senior year, he would have 20 games remaining. 20 * .3056 = 6 more picks
11 + 6 = 17

Zack Sanchez is on pace to match Darrell Royal's OU record for INTs - nothing more, nothing less.
jcon how to you figure? I would say its an accepted fact that todays game involves a lot more passing. Therefore, DB's are going to get more opportunities. Kinda like all the record setting passing QB's these days.
Now please understand I'm not trying to take anything away from Sanchez. I hope he has 2 interceptions in every single remaining game. I just happen to think the numbers might be misleading

Not sure about that. Players today are bigger than they were then.
Sanchez may seem like a twerp by today's standards, but he's the same size or slightly larger than Rickey Dixon at 5'11" ~180lbs. Rickey did just fine.
I could be wrong but didn't Dixon play safety? I would consider him one of OU's all time greats. I personally just can't even start to put Sanchez in that category.

jcon how to you figure? I would say its an accepted fact that todays game involves a lot more passing. Therefore, DB's are going to get more opportunities. Kinda like all the record setting passing QB's these days.
Now please understand I'm not trying to take anything away from Sanchez. I hope he has 2 interceptions in every single remaining game. I just happen to think the numbers might be misleading

How to you figure?
See, I can't even respect any further than that.
Dumby...

Ya know it burns my Texas buddies up down here when I remind them that Royal played at OU. It's like they want to try to ignore that little factual nugget as if it will cease to be true if they ignore it hard enough. haha I love to remind them that Texas football would be irrelevant if not for a product of the OU football program, that the best thing that ever happened to Texas was developed by OU. hahaha
Yep. UT has 4 NC's. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM came with an ex-Sooner at the helm.

Reactions: BillyRay

11 + 6 = 17

Didn't realize this. The kid is a player, stats back it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT