ADVERTISEMENT

Incredible

jduvy88

Sooner starter
May 9, 2019
I shouldn't be surprised, but I cannot believe the amount of complaining and bedwetting I'm seeing after last night's WIN.

NEWS FLASH: IT WAS A MUST WIN AND OU WON. They did so by beating their ranked in state rival. The defense finally won a game for us this year. Played as complete of a game as they did all year.
And more important than that, the defense basically dominated in front of top tier recruits like Hicks, Bowen, etc.

With all of that being said, there's a lot to be happy about from last night. The defense finally looked capable. I'm sure some of you will cry about how it was Sanders that caused OU to look good, and while some of that may be true, the defense looked great. It's baby steps with this year's team, something a lot of you can't seem to grasp.

Hell, even some of you who predicted OU would lose Bedlam WERE still bitching after last night's win. What's wrong with you guys?

Yes, the offensive performance after the 1st Q was atrocious. Lebby's clock mgmt was downright pathetic. DG sucks under pressure, something we ALREADY knew. Pretty sure BV gave full reign to Lebby his OC, but his postgame comments about him being disappointed in clock mgmt leads me to belive that next time he'll override that.

But again, you bedwetters on here should be nothing short of thrilled with last night's Bedlam win. The team was .500 heading into Bedlam. FIVE AND FIVE. And they won by 15. They could've won by taking a knee the final 3 quarters.

We've been wanting defense for years. And last night we finally got it, and now all you guys want to do is bitch about the offense versus praise the defense. I don't get you guys.

And for you morons calling for Lebby to be fired.
1. That would cause Jackson Arnold to decommit, and likely ruin a good part of the offensive class.
2. Lebby didn't cause Willis to fumble. That cost OU 7 points. It was 21-0 when it happened, would've been 28-0 had he not fumbled. Likely would've been 35-0 at the end of the 1st Q.
3. Lebby didn't cause Raym to get hurt. That killed the timing of snaps, and really threw things off. A little detail many of you aren't realizing. And without Raym, it hurt the run game.
3. Lebby didn't cause DG to throw behind Stoops for that INT before halftime. That likely cost OU 3 points. Lebby can't help that DG isn't very good. DG also missed Freeman in the flat on a 3rd down. If that pass is on target, Freeman has to make one man miss, and with his speed he could've taken it to the house for 70 yards. Granted, Lebby should've went with more quick pass game in the 2nd half.
4. Lebby didn't cause Farooq to drop 3 passes, where 2 would've been for first downs and probably all 3.
5. Lebby didn't cause the phantom hold on Harrison in the 2nd half. That negated a crucial 3rd down conversion, great throw by DG and incredible catch by Mims.

Lebby deserves a lot of criticsim no doubt, but for you guys to completely disregard the player mistakes is ignorant. You can't bitch about Lebby without bitching about player execution, that's my point.

And all in all, the offense scored 28 points and had basically 300 yards in the 1st Q. That set Bedlam records. Sure, the last 3 Q's sucked, but just imagine this offense with a really good QB.

Future is bright. EVERYONE should be happy with this win. And if you're not, I really wish you'd go root for another team b/c it's embarrassing and pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News