ADVERTISEMENT

In the land of the blind...

okieguy1984

Walk-on candidate
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2014
Everyone rushes to declare absolute statements (of fact)...

1) IF OU wins out...likely in the playoff (assuming Baylor and TCU and OSU keep winning)
2) It is unlikley...OU wins out

3) OU lost to Texas because it played mostly uninspired football...save one or two guys

That really is it. OL got destroyed...Dede isn't ready for the big time, so and so this...so and so that... in the end it all comes down to two things. Talent and Desire. We have enough Talent to win if we are at maximum desire. We do. Deny it, hate it...I don't care. OU has the talent. Does it have enough talent to roll the crimson helmet out there and walk off? no... which is my point.

OU would have struggled against or lost to Tulsa if we played the way we did today. At least in that game we had some pep. Today the Sooners were flat as a pancake.

Think about this roster in the hands of a coach that gets every last drop out of his guys... Mayfield, Perine, Mixon, Andrews, Westbrook, Shep... man... that is a hell of a skill group. Imagine if they caught all of the 50/50 balls..... (remember #sugarbowl when guys you had never heard of since reading the program were jumping up and pulling down one handed catches all day...) ... we didn't have it between the ears. plain n simple. We could X's and O's it until our fingers fall off....sure we could have done it different. You always can when you lose.

that is my .02.... most things in life are simple if you let them be. I blame Bob. Should have had them on edge and motivated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.