ADVERTISEMENT

Im actually not mad...

dmackey13

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2008
Tough loss at home. We lost some good players tonight and we're reminded how inept our offensive gameplans have been. However, I think tonight we found ourselves a qb who although not perfect...actually made our offense look like more than a jv offense.

There are actually some really good take aways leaving this game:
1. Our defense is for real. They played their asses off...all game and for 3qrts with basically NO help.
2. We're in the SEC. One loss doesn't mean the end of the season. With an average offense we can be competitive. If BB does his typical "the online improves in October" who knows what may happen
3. Tennessee is a damned good team and with 5mins left we really had a chance to win the game. We were outclassed on the offensive line and their rbs vs ours was pretty bad. Else where we look the part. Even with puppy wrs when they're given a chance. (Well qb was 😬 until 9 came in as well)
4. College football like the NFL is so qb centric now. Tennessee did NOT let up when Hawk came in. Tennessee did NOT play a huge zone and just give him routes. They didn't want to give up their TD and damn sure didn't want to give up two. He did what he did with the same oline, OC, 2nd string wrs and basically Barnes as his only rb...and we looked markedly better. He accounted for our longest play of the year running the exact same play with Pettaway that jfa missed Brenen on early in the game..it proly house calls it if he's hit in stride. Btw...nico also runs the same play for his td pass in the second quarter.

I do fear depending on an 18yr old dual threat qb his first season trying to navigate and just make it thru the SEC. However, for the first time since Hurts left I feel like we have a qb that can win a big game for us. No shade to dg (everyone knows he wasn't my fave) and no one can ever take his UT performance away, but he was limited. Hawk can grow into something...he's gonna take his lumps, but that kid showed major heart in 2qrts of football and Sooner to Sooner...sign me up for THAT

I'll take the L for the sake of finding if we finally have our Que.
3 losses could sneak us into the tournament. We definitely still have a lot to play for with even 2 losses.

#Boomer

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.