ADVERTISEMENT

If you didn't get to watch the game Saturday in Dallas, and likely elsewhere

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
the replay of the game is already showing on the FOX College Sports channels, Central and Pacific, called OU Review. And Fox SW will have the three hour broadcast Wednesday at 8 a.m.
If you don't have access to Fox SSW, you may have to get more creative. I enjoyed the rewatch, because you couldn't hear the broadcast at all in the sports bar in McKinney, at least where I was sitting. It always adds a little perspective, even if you never heard of the talking heads.

The OU Baylor live broadcast will be on Fox Sports 1 Saturday at 5:30. The Central Florida at Maryland game immediately precedes OU - Baylor, and starts at 2:00 so OUr game is likely to be already underway before Maryland is done.

Sucks, but I guess we can watch online. Though you can't tape it and watch later if you drive down there.

Reactions: iasooner1
let me just say I always buy the PPV game each year but really don't feel like in this day and age OU should have to do that.

When you hear " It wasnt picked up by a network" its total BS. We see lesser teams every week get picked up and no matter who the opponent is OU should have no problems getting selected.

Not sure but I think the yearly PPV is OUs choice but I could be wrong.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
SB, it isn't because the game wasn't picked up. OU intentionally has one ppv game per season. That's the contract. They wanted it that way. Because?

They make more money. Joe C is the person to send a letter to. It's unlikely to change.

Last edited:
SB, it isn't because the game wasn't picked up. OU intentionally has one ppv game per season. That's the contract. They wanted it that way. Because?

They make more money. Joe C is the person to send a letter to. It's unlikely to change.

I kind of figured that it was the schools choice and don't get me wrong as I don't mind paying for that one game a year considering what it would cost me in the long run to make the trip to Norman for a game that would include more expenses on top of the game itself.

My point is that just how much more money does the school need to really squeeze out of folks for that one PPV game a year. The contracts with these networks are worth millions on their own. I could see it if the school was struggling to keep it's athletic department afloat but as we all know that is not the case with just about a good majority of power 5 schools.

I doubt any one person even if they wrote the athletic department is going to sway them to change the current policy. As I said I don't mind paying for the game itself as I have always done that but I do think its not about needing the extra revenue. I would actually like to see the figures for the PPV to be honest of folks who actually purchased it like I did.

I kind of figured that it was the schools choice and don't get me wrong as I don't mind paying for that one game a year considering what it would cost me in the long run to make the trip to Norman for a game that would include more expenses on top of the game itself.

My point is that just how much more money does the school need to really squeeze out of folks for that one PPV game a year. The contracts with these networks are worth millions on their own. I could see it if the school was struggling to keep it's athletic department afloat but as we all know that is not the case with just about a good majority of power 5 schools.

I doubt any one person even if they wrote the athletic department is going to sway them to change the current policy. As I said I don't mind paying for the game itself as I have always done that but I do think its not about needing the extra revenue. I would actually like to see the figures for the PPV to be honest of folks who actually purchased it like I did.
Remember, we had to cut the renovation by more than half, and there is now a pretty important need for a new press box that has been pushed back. If you want what we all want, which i a great program, then this was an essential improvement in facilities.

There will also be a big push now for getting a softball upgrade done. That cannot possibly be accomplished solely from softball fans. TV income goes to all sports, not just foottball.

Keeping Riley is likely to be require a mega pay bump, because somebody is going to offer him in the $5 million range.

So there is a substantial need.

I see great minds think alike!! I lean heavily on YouTube during the season. :cool:
Me too. IMO, HolaKyle does the best re-cap videos. Typically 20-30 minutes, with more than just scoring plays. Wish he would show more opponent highlights in close games, though.

PS: Do we have any info on the blond with the aviators hanging from her blouse? She's destined to become part of OU folklore.

Rule No. 1 of not-for-profit (yeah right) fundraising: If you can squeeze more money out of them, then do so.

YouTube. Entire game. Free after the fact.

Might I suggest Kodi for free live coverage?
YOUTUBE has the games within hours of the original broadcast. I happen to be in West Africoat for the first 5 games this year. They come on about midnight here on internet radio. nah! I wake up at 6 am (midnight CST) and youtube has the game. A far cry from the early 80s... I called my mom on Saturday nights CST/Sunday morning in Middle East for scores.

Last edited:
YOUTUBE has the games within hours of the original broadcast. I happen to be in West Africoat for the first 5 games this year. They come on about midnight here on internet radio. nah! I wake up at 6 am (midnight CST) and youtube has the game. A far cry from the early 80s... I called my mom on Saturday nights CST/Sunday morning in Middle East for scores.
Sometimes you can find someone live streaming the game on YouTube. Not always highly reliable, but some coworkers watched the Tulane game on a live YouTube stream.

In the future, double check the SoonerSports.tv app. I posted in the game thread that whoever was in charge of putting it on the site forgot to give it the "Premium" option. It was available for everyone to watch for free. I'm an idiot and paid for it before checking. Then I told my friend to try out my login credentials to see if we could both watch with the same credentials, before he even logged in, he saw it was playing. My guess is that they'll have a better system in place by the next PPV screening next year though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT