ADVERTISEMENT

If you beat/lose to Tennessee it will be because...

Nov 8, 2006
If Oklahoma beats Tennessee it will be because. . . OU's front 7 was too much for TN's OL.

If Oklahoma loses to Tennessee it will be because. . . Tennessee's defense is disruptive and fast. Tennessee's offensive playmakers have a big night as well.

Your turn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section22Sooner
If OU beats UT, it's because they will control the clock with a punishing ground game and make enough stops on defense to get out of Knoxville with the W.

If UT beats OU, it's because they will stuff our run game and force our inconsistent QBs to pass more than they like, which will result in multiple INTs, thus giving UT good field position and momentum.

If Oklahoma beats Tennessee it will be because the OU offense is able to sustain long drives via a balanced offense and the run defense is solid.

If Tennessee beats Oklahoma it will be because UT's QB is able to scramble and make big plays with with both his arm and legs after evading the pass rush. UT's defense plays to the crowd and is able to force OU's offense to be one (or zero) dimensional.

If Oklahoma beats Tennessee it will be because. . . OU's front 7 was too much for TN's OL.

If Oklahoma loses to Tennessee it will be because. . . Tennessee's defense is disruptive and fast. Tennessee's offensive playmakers have a big night as well.

Your turn.

Sorry, this is not an answer to your question, but I thought some might want to read this link regarding Tennessee.............

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...tball-2015-preview-schedule-roster/in/8853614

Personally dont think OU can score 45 on Tennessee's defense.

We finished 35th in total defense and only lost 3 of our top 22.

OU's offense could be really dynamic with Perine, Mixon, Sheppard, and Neal. I just dont think they will be dynamic to the tune of 45 points against a good D in Neyland. If Quarterback were more settled for you guys, maybe a point total close to that. . . but thats still a lot of points.

OU's offense could be really dynamic with Perine, Mixon, Sheppard, and Neal. I just dont think they will be dynamic to the tune of 45 points against a good D in Neyland. If Quarterback were more settled for you guys, maybe a point total close to that. . . but thats still a lot of points.

Here's a link to a Vegas site. it looks like the over/under is sitting between 54.5 to 59.5 for total points. Lot's of other reading for anybody wanting to place a bet............

http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/tennessee-oklahoma-odds-september-13-2014

Well, thanks for that measured, civil reply.
That's a distinct weakness with me preseason. The uh, lofty delusions of grandeur are kicking in...it's just something I do...

Last edited:
Well. thanks for that measured, civil reply.
That's a distinct weakness with me preseason. The uh, lofty delusions of grandeur are kicking in...it's just something I do...

Nothing wrong with that. In fact, I suffer from the same delusion. Since the over\under predicts 59 points, I'll say we win 59-0...........:)

Last edited:

I don't think OU can score that many points either against Tennessee. Tennessee's defense is going to be pretty solid this year, and couple that with OU breaking in a new offensive system, possibly a new QB, and an unproven OL, it will be a battle for OU to score a lot of points against a defense like Tennessee's. Sure OU has Mixon and Perine, but how much room will they get to run with having a new OL going against a solid DL for Tennessee?? So I think that matchup is the key to this game. OU's OL against Tennessee's defense. I have a feeling that OU's defense will be improved this year and put OUs offense in a position to win this game.

So if Tennessee wins this game, it's because their defense will keep OUs offense off-sync and dominate the line of scrimmage and disrupt OUs QB, and keep OUs RBs bottled up for the most part.

If OU wins, then OUs offensive line and QBs play better than expected and OUs OL dominates the line of scrimmage and sustains long drives and keeps OUs defense off the field.

Reactions: RockyTopRowdy58
How do you keep a Tennessee gal from biting her nails?

Make her wear shoes.

You know in Poland they tell Tennessee jokes.

echtlustig-picdump-138_86.jpg

Nothing wrong with that. In fact, I suffer from the same delusion. Since the over\under predicts 59 points, I'll say we win 59-0...........:)

Curiously, most of us went through that wonderful run in the 70s and 80s when we'd have those same delusions of grandeur, except back then it was never a delusion...I really miss that era.

Curiously, most of us went through that wonderful run in the 70s and 80s when we'd have those same delusions of grandeur, except back then it was never a delusion...I really miss that era.

Yeah, any loss during those years usually took us out of the NC. Miami, Nebraska (Sims fumble) and especially the Arkansas Orange Bowl were
devastating.

Just imagine what the Bud generation got to go through. 52 straight games on a very huge high. No way this record will ever be challenged.

Yeah, any loss during those years usually took us out of the NC. Miami, Nebraska (Sims fumble) and especially the Arkansas Orange Bowl were
devastating.

Just imagine what the Bud generation got to go through. 52 straight games on a very huge high. No way this record will ever be challenged.

Well, I think I'm accurate in saying we both went through that 52 game thing too, we were just too young to get high.

My first year as a fan was when Gomer Jones coached the team.

But but, I thought you were like 75 years old?
Nah, just kidding.
My Grand Pa had me listening to them and saying 'Boomer' when I was about 3 or 4. (1953, 1954) Grand dad had one of the worlds first open man crushes on Bud.

Disappointed the folks when I said 'Boomer' before 'Momma' and 'Dada'.:rolleyes:

devastating.

You've read about many of the emotions that The Team experienced, and the Huge High that accompanied The Streak, but You DON'T want to know about the HUGE LOW that followed, after the ND loss...

You've read about many of the emotions that The Team experienced, and the Huge High that accompanied The Streak, but You DON'T want to know about the HUGE LOW that followed, after the ND loss...

You're right SS, grand papa was kindo mean after that.
He worked for Dr. Pepper there in Chickasha where they bottle the stuff, and was paying cost for bottled pop, 2 or 3 cents for 10 ounce bottle. (the pop was the same as the deposit on the glass bottle)

During the streak, unlimited amount of pop available when we were visiting, after streak ended, one pop per day per grandchild...it sucked!

I've got underwear that old. They last along time if you don't wash them.....:eek:

Okay, I'm going to get serious for once. Rocky, I saw where you are going to checkerboard the stadium for the game. How does that work?

Do you have any photos of the campus or surrounding areas a Sooner fan may want to visit?

Okay, I'm going to get serious for once. Rocky, I saw where you are going to checkerboard the stadium for the game. How does that work?

Do you have any photos of the campus or surrounding areas a Sooner fan may want to visit?

Checker Neyland last year was all fan run and operated. An individual created a web site where you put in your seat info and it said whether you were orange or white.

This same individual is working more closely with the AD this year to select which game. No game has been set contrary to the news it would be for OU game. We shall see... Pretty cool it's totally fan operated (no shirts provided by university or sponsors).

I'll get back to you in what to see and do in Knoxville. I live about 1.5 hour outside Knoxville. My game day is show up early and tailgate haha...

Reactions: BillyRay
I would recommend seeing the Vol Navy. It's a large contingent of large boats. They "tailgate" on the river by the stadium. Only place I know of u can drive a boat to the game.

Calhouns on the River is a happening place on gameday. Great atmosphere with Neyland and the Tennessee River.

Market Square has a lot of good bars and restaurants.

Also check out the Vol Walk. Near gate 21, find the crowd. 3 hours before kickoff I think...

Find a tailgate and introduce yourself.

Also need to see General Neyland's statue. It is in Neyland up from Gate 21. Seeing that before or after the Vol Walk would be ideal.

Last edited:
Contrary to what any idiots say about it, OU can score 45+ points. That's right, idiots.

They didn't score 45 against Tennessee last year. But yes..they can score 45 points against some teams....like Akron I'm sure they could. But almost 45pts is 5pts shy of half-a-hundred...and lots of questions on offense going into this season to consider people "stupid" for being cautious in thinking OU may not score 45pts on a quality defense.

If OU beats UT, it's because they will control the clock with a punishing ground game and make enough stops on defense to get out of Knoxville with the W.

If UT beats OU, it's because they will stuff our run game and force our inconsistent QBs to pass more than they like, which will result in multiple INTs, thus giving UT good field position and momentum.
This sounds right.

Reactions: Tank Gossage
If Oklahoma beats Tennessee it will be because. . . OU's didn't lose the turnover scoreboard which is my biggest fear.

If Oklahoma loses to Tennessee it will be because. . . Tennessee's defense is disruptive, fast and toys with the OU QBs.

For Tennessee to win, I think it will take all those talented receivers to step up. And, for OU to win, I feel the Sooner defensive backs will need to stop the Vols passing game. Both team's OLs are suspect. Tennessee has an experienced (part of season) talented QB, so I look for the Vols to test our DBs. Sooner RBs must be up to the task against a very good defense, which I think is Tennessee's strength. Riley's offense must score 35 to win and DBs have to shut down the third down conversions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT