ADVERTISEMENT

if we lose to Texas what do you think will happen?

You guys won't lose to Texas. If you can start playing some decent defense, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if you win out.

I really hope we win. I think if we lose Bob will be worried, I don't think he wants to go anywhere else. I know down seasons happen, however Oklahoma is not in a good spot to recover.

A win and OU will still be on track for a conference title, a loss and the way the conference is looking that could still happen. Winning or losing this game changes nothing.

Win, lose, or tie I will be drunk, enjoy a good meal at Stampede 66, heckle my best friend relentlessly (Longhorn alumn) and have sex with the wife. But we're running the table. Mark it down.

Win, lose, or tie I will be drunk, enjoy a good meal at Stampede 66, heckle my best friend relentlessly (Longhorn alumn) and have sex with the wife. But we're running the table. Mark it down.
My wife won't get near me on game days. She says something about the helmet and shoulder pads turning her off. I don't think I'm in the wrong asking her to wear them.

My wife won't get near me on game days. She says something about the helmet and shoulder pads turning her off. I don't think I'm in the wrong asking her to wear them.

What's so great about having a GF that doesn't know football is the need for the helmet, shoulder pads, mayonnaise and butter afterward. But that's personal. Just enjoy the ride baby. LOL

My wife hates it when we lose, my son and I are SOB's. She looks at me like she wants to punch me in the face.

Reactions: Medic007
o_O:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_OMy wife takes a loss much worse than me. That's why I hate 11 am games. At least with the evening games I can just go to bed and turn over. Day games losses... Can't find a place to hide. She's a wonderful woman otherwise. :rolleyes:

My wife watches the game with me, when my son is in town he also comes over. If we look like we won't win, she goes shopping or something.

I have discovered, within the past year, that certain events in one's life can render being upset over the result of a game nonexistent.

My son found this for me from a doctor's post.

Who Are We Identifying With?

One theory of sports fandom stresses that the high level of identification with the team has roots in our ancient history. When we belonged to various tribes, the individuals who were the warriors of the tribe were a part of us, were related to us. The survival of the tribe often depended upon their success in defending us.

Now instead of wearing warpaint and carrying spears, our "warriors" are wearing helmets and shoulder pads and carrying a football. But the feeling for us fans is still that they are out on the field "fighting" for us, and that we are cheering them on.

What's at stake?

Our warriors aren't out there doing battle for our lives anymore. But the term "die-hard football fan" may reveal some strange truth. Some fans whose team lose at the Super Bowl are at increased risk for cardiac events, according to research done in 2011. They are literally taking the loss to heart, and the emotional distress can contribute to heart attack and congestive heart failure.

My son found this for me from a doctor's post.

Who Are We Identifying With?

One theory of sports fandom stresses that the high level of identification with the team has roots in our ancient history. When we belonged to various tribes, the individuals who were the warriors of the tribe were a part of us, were related to us. The survival of the tribe often depended upon their success in defending us.

Now instead of wearing warpaint and carrying spears, our "warriors" are wearing helmets and shoulder pads and carrying a football. But the feeling for us fans is still that they are out on the field "fighting" for us, and that we are cheering them on.

What's at stake?

Our warriors aren't out there doing battle for our lives anymore. But the term "die-hard football fan" may reveal some strange truth. Some fans whose team lose at the Super Bowl are at increased risk for cardiac events, according to research done in 2011. They are literally taking the loss to heart, and the emotional distress can contribute to heart attack and congestive heart failure.
If so many fans would stop equating football games with warfare and football players as "warriors"...and all the neocon war-worshiping celebrations before games and during halftimes would at least tone down...maybe the stress level with its "us against them" mentality would decrease and people could go on with living.

If so many fans would stop equating football games with warfare and football players as "warriors"...and all the neocon war-worshiping celebrations before games and during halftimes would at least tone down...maybe the stress level with its "us against them" mentality would decrease and people could go on with living.
Thank you doctor, easier said than done. Appears most of us can't take your advice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT