ADVERTISEMENT

If we have the best O Line in the country...

carrom1

OU scholarship offer
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2014
I won’t talk about the horrible defense. There’s nothing left to be said. But if we have the best O Line in the country, can we just freaking line up and run the ball down their throats inside the 5? All the cute BS that went on yesterday inside the 5 was worse than watching our first half D.

I won’t talk about the horrible defense. There’s nothing left to be said. But if we have the best O Line in the country, can we just freaking line up and run the ball down their throats inside the 5? All the cute BS that went on yesterday inside the 5 was worse than watching our first half D.

We have a really good OL but I doubt it’s as great as has been described. Regardless, you are right on. OU surely has the talent to line up against any Big XII team and run the ball in short yardage successfully. It’s not like we are going to face Alabama DL types in this league.

No question the defense has been the most disappointing unit as a whole, but the oline in my opinion is a close second. We have done pretty poorly on third downs this year,something like 45% and can’t seem to get a yard when we need it.

I agree the Offensive line has not lived up to the hype. Too many short yard situations and we cannot get a yard or a half a yard to get a first down. How many times have we had to go for it on 4th and a yard or less because we could not pick up a first down on 3rd and a yard or less?

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT