ADVERTISEMENT

if we beat Baylor &TCU

I don't see this team as needing "redeeming". It's just a game. Yesterday's loss is surely disappointing but not all together shocking.

I think beating the likes of Kansas State, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State would be signs of progress, and not laying over and taking it up the tail pipe to Baylor and TCU would be acceptable. Beating one or both of them and winning out would mean big things in our future.

If the players feel the need for redemption, so be it. But the only thing they owe the fans is their best effort. But we'd be insane to think we're always going to get that.

I'm not gonna ride the entire season on those 2 games alone, but I will look more to what OU does overall the rest of the season. Everyone is down about yesterday's game, but in the end it's just one loss. At least right now. OU can still make a great run the rest of the year and have a tremendous season. But I think with what we saw yesterday with the offense, it's going to really be an uphill battle if OU doesn't make some HUGE improvement very quickly.

% of beating TCU 30%
% of chance beating Baylor 5%

Sadly I just don't see it unless our O line and tackling vastly improves
But yes, beating one or both would redeem us "some what"

Don't laugh, either one, or both, will that redeam the Sooners for you?

If any team beats both, then they have a great chance to win the conference. I'd be shocked if OU beats both. If we play first quarter offense the way we have most of the season, we'll be down three touchdowns before the first quarter ends.

Reactions: iasooner1
Hell may freeze over.
But seriously folks and I'll borrow frou here
% of beating TCU 30%
% of chance beating Baylor 5%

Sadly I just don't see it unless our O line and tacklig vastly improves
But yes, beating one or both would redeem us "some what"

My percentages are K state 25, TT 30, the pokes 30 & the dirty bears 4 unless we have major repair of the whole teams' identities starting immediately.
The careers of the current Staff should be on notice immediately as well; job security isn't the reality of most of us shrinking middle classers nor should it be for the 1% ers.
Joe C should be getting grilled today and assessing contingencies. 15 years and all those championships don't mean much if we have to keep suffering the demise of our Brand...
I've said it for years, its all Hayden's fault; a sickness. Just like the walking dead

Yesterday shouldn't have happened too many times ago. It's the rare things like the Sugar bowl that keep us hanging on like zombies...

Don't laugh, either one, or both, will that redeam the Sooners for you?
For me yes it will. TCU I think we have a chance but Baylor is a different story. I don't think we can cover their receivers and we probably can't stop their run game either. At OSU is also going to be tough

Reactions: BillyRay
We won't be able to stop them, we would have to out score them. Maybe their defenses are worse than ours.

For me yes it will. TCU I think we have a chance but Baylor is a different story. I don't think we can cover their receivers and we probably can't stop their run game either. At OSU is also going to be tough

I think the problem with Baylor will be playing offense well enough to give our defense a chance. If we have a bunch of early three and outs, which have been the common problem this season, then it will be worse than last year. You can slow them down a little and catch a break here or there. But you better be giving your defense some rest in between and scoring pretty regularly.

When SMU scored three touchdowns on Baylor in the first half, Baylor was missing some defensive guys. They aren't any more.

Hell may freeze over.
But seriously folks and I'll borrow frou here

My percentages are K state 25, TT 30, the pokes 30 & the dirty bears 4 unless we have major repair of the whole teams' identities starting immediately.
The careers of the current Staff should be on notice immediately as well; job security isn't the reality of most of us shrinking middle classers nor should it be for the 1% ers.
Joe C should be getting grilled today and assessing contingencies. 15 years and all those championships don't mean much if we have to keep suffering the demise of our Brand...
I've said it for years, its all Hayden's fault; a sickness. Just like the walking dead

Yesterday shouldn't have happened too many times ago. It's the rare things like the Sugar bowl that keep us hanging on like zombies...
IA.... Who do you want to hire?? See Texas and Nebraska

As much as it pains me to say this, this is turning into a carbon copy
of last year. And OU could lose as many as five games this year.
Hopefully this won't get me banned, but I'm tired of all the preseason
hype only to reach this part of the season and OU looks to be
regressing. If I'm wrong I apologize. I think OU should be more
than a middle of the pack football team. I through ranting for now.

Billy boy.... You are delusional and I have forgotten more about football than you will ever know

According to who?? You?? You sound like one of those guys who thinks they are a legend...in their own minds....lol :D

But lets see....how about let's talk about your wisdom last week when you were blowing your horn about what an easy win OU would get against Texas. And Plaino actually made a very intelligent breakdown as to why it would be a close game, and your response to him was "have you been drinking" when he made the case for it being a close and competitive game. But you basically felt he was drunk or stupid to think that. I mean...your response took some high level intelligence to come up with that kind of retort. Now I dunno about you, but I feel as if Plaino makes pretty damn intelligent posts when it comes to football. Plaino and myself don't agree on everything, but I certainly acknowledge and respect his knowledge of the game. So it's pretty comical that you apparently felt he was delusional as well. If that's the case, then me being labeled delusional by you I feel like I"m in pretty good company...:cool:

Or...let's talk about how a few weeks ago you were arguing about how games would turn out this year, specifically the TTech game, because of how OU beat them......last year!! I'm assuming it takes a high level of football knowledge to assume games this year are a direct result of what happened a year ago right??

According to who?? You?? You sound like one of those guys who thinks they are a legend...in their own minds....lol :D

But lets see....how about let's talk about your wisdom last week when you were blowing your horn about what an easy win OU would get against Texas. And Plaino actually made a very intelligent breakdown as to why it would be a close game, and your response to him was "have you been drinking" when he made the case for it being a close and competitive game. But you basically felt he was drunk or stupid to think that. I mean...your response took some high level intelligence to come up with that kind of retort. Now I dunno about you, but I feel as if Plaino makes pretty damn intelligent posts when it comes to football. Plaino and myself don't agree on everything, but I certainly acknowledge and respect his knowledge of the game. So it's pretty comical that you apparently felt he was delusional as well. If that's the case, then me being labeled delusional by you I feel like I"m in pretty good company...:cool:

Or...let's talk about how a few weeks ago you were arguing about how games would turn out this year, specifically the TTech game, because of how OU beat them......last year!! I'm assuming it takes a high level of football knowledge to assume games this year are a direct result of what happened a year ago right??
Let's get the facts straight... I said Ou better be ready this week because Texas will be fired up and be regard to play. Yes I expected an Ou win just like the whole country but I'm not throwing Stoops and the season away because of one game wager our rival had nothing to lose and played above there heads

Just stating facts Holmes..... Tell us Billy what's going to happen against the Cats? Does my vaunted Mike Stopps D give up 500 or 600 yards? Lol

Stating facts holmes?? What did my post earlier have anything to do with what OU is gonna do, or not do against KSU?? Good grief man you are about as scatter brained as an 8 year old kid with ADHD.

And does Mike know that his defense is somehow your defense now?? Talk about a delusional fan....LOLOL :D:D:D

And nice back peddle on you asking Plaino if he had been drinking when he posted, "I think we're better. But not enough better than less that a great effort will beat them."

Last edited:
Stating facts holmes?? What did my post earlier have anything to do with what OU is gonna do, or not do against KSU?? Good grief man you are about as scatter brained as an 8 year old kid with ADHD.

And does Mike know that his defense is somehow your defense now?? Talk about a delusional fan....LOLOL :D:D:D

And nice back peddle on you asking Plaino if he had been drinking when he posted, "I think we're better. But not enough better than less that a great effort will beat them."
You have been bashing the D for 2 years... Tell me what your uneducated Crystal football days. I don't care what your butt buddy Plaino said Holmes

Joe C will never fire Bob he is unfirable.... Best coach in the history of Ou and brought the program back from the dumpster fire it was in 98

Reactions: K2C Sooner
It's difficult here at work knowing that the slap fest continues on SoonerScoop. Save some for later boys.

OACGCheeky.gif

You have been bashing the D for 2 years... Tell me what your uneducated Crystal football days. I don't care what your butt buddy Plaino said Holmes

Been bashing on the D the past few years because it has in fact, been horrendous. But I've also given credit where credit is due. I've said very clearly, in other threads, that I'm not putting the Texas loss on the defense. The defense wasn't perfect by any means, and no doubt there were issues that were painful to watch. But the defense held Texas enough to give the offense a chance to win this game. Maybe you can do a search and see what I have said, since I'm not here to babysit you and type it all out again.

And you sure seem to love going around telling others how delusional, drunk and/or uneducated they are. Sounds like someone who lives in their own little bubble and has convinced themselves that they are a genius, when in reality the opposite is true. Further proof of that is your reference to you having forgot more about football than I will ever know. But so far your posting here hasn't exactly been a glowing endorsement of that statement.

Joe C will never fire Bob he is unfirable.... Best coach in the history of Ou and brought the program back from the dumpster fire it was in 98

And now I will address this post, since your ADHD is running rampant and you seem to make dual replies to every one post I make. Show me where I have posted about firing Bob Stoops. Show me one post. I will make a mental note and keep reminding you every other day until you can actually dig up a post I have made calling for Bob's head.

But, I have in fact called for other coaches to be held accountable in past years, and oddly enough Bob did replace many of those coaches. That does in fact, validate my very educated evaluation of problems with the football program, and my crystal ball provided all the quality info and insight. I'm sorry if your crystal ball isn't working as well...maybe try buying your next one at a place other than Wal-Mart.

But, back to the point...I'm very aware of Bob's impact to the OU program and what shape it was in before he got here. Pretty much all OU fans are aware of that, so your not exactly providing any ground breaking info here. (reference Wal-Mart brand crystal balls) But I'm also not going to take the stance that Bob can stay at OU as long as he wants, regardless of how well or poorly the football program is doing. The program clearly has taken a step back the past 4-5 years or so. Bob has taken steps to change the direction, and deserves the chance to get it back to where it once was. But at the same time, I'm also aware of coaches like Fulmer, Bowden, Paterno(football performace) etc. Those coaches won national titles at their programs but in the end it was really time for them to hang it up at the ends of their careers. Performance had dropped off dramatically, and it was just time for their respective programs to go another direction. Bob hasn't reached that point yet. Bob still has every chance to avoid that kind of late-career pitfall. But if OU football continues to deteriorate and we have to suffer through more and more awful losses, then it's simply time to make a change. Period.

Been bashing on the D the past few years because it has in fact, been horrendous. But I've also given credit where credit is due. I've said very clearly, in other threads, that I'm not putting the Texas loss on the defense. The defense wasn't perfect by any means, and no doubt there were issues that were painful to watch. But the defense held Texas enough to give the offense a chance to win this game. Maybe you can do a search and see what I have said, since I'm not here to babysit you and type it all out again.

And you sure seem to love going around telling others how delusional, drunk and/or uneducated they are. Sounds like someone who lives in their own little bubble and has convinced themselves that they are a genius, when in reality the opposite is true. Further proof of that is your reference to you having forgot more about football than I will ever know. But so far your posting here hasn't exactly been a glowing endorsement of that statement.

And now I will address this post, since your ADHD is running rampant and you seem to make dual replies to every one post I make. Show me where I have posted about firing Bob Stoops. Show me one post. I will make a mental note and keep reminding you every other day until you can actually dig up a post I have made calling for Bob's head.

But, I have in fact called for other coaches to be held accountable in past years, and oddly enough Bob did replace many of those coaches. That does in fact, validate my very educated evaluation of problems with the football program, and my crystal ball provided all the quality info and insight. I'm sorry if your crystal ball isn't working as well...maybe try buying your next one at a place other than Wal-Mart.

But, back to the point...I'm very aware of Bob's impact to the OU program and what shape it was in before he got here. Pretty much all OU fans are aware of that, so your not exactly providing any ground breaking info here. (reference Wal-Mart brand crystal balls) But I'm also not going to take the stance that Bob can stay at OU as long as he wants, regardless of how well or poorly the football program is doing. The program clearly has taken a step back the past 4-5 years or so. Bob has taken steps to change the direction, and deserves the chance to get it back to where it once was. But at the same time, I'm also aware of coaches like Fulmer, Bowden, Paterno(football performace) etc. Those coaches won national titles at their programs but in the end it was really time for them to hang it up at the ends of their careers. Performance had dropped off dramatically, and it was just time for their respective programs to go another direction. Bob hasn't reached that point yet. Bob still has every chance to avoid that kind of late-career pitfall. But if OU football continues to deteriorate and we have to suffer through more and more awful losses, then it's simply time to make a change. Period.
Look.... When Bob's teams break off a couple of losing seasons ( Which will never happen) I will agree with you. Switzer had average teams in the early 80's and idiots wanted him fired. Bob will know when it's time to move on trust me. Say with me UNFIRABLE

Every Tennessee fan regrets firing Fulmer btw so your point is not valid. Paterno and Bowden were old so I really don't see your point. Stoops is young and will be done coaching by 60

Every Tennessee fan regrets firing Fulmer btw so your point is not valid. Paterno and Bowden were old so I really don't see your point. Stoops is young and will be done coaching by 60

I agree with you on this point. I have Bob leaving within 5 years. He turned 55 last month.

dfw, your opinion is based on nothing more than wishful assumptions. Couple that with you thinking it's impossible for Bob to be fired is actually concerning since that means you actually believe Bob is more important than the program. I mean if you are fine and content with Bob's teams in the past 3 RRR games, then that's on you. But you also the person who hinted earlier in this thread that beating Texas has lost importance to you. What self-respecting OU fan would actually think that way??

And I totally get that you have an unhealthy man crush on Bob. But don't expect everyone else to blindly drink the kool-aid like you do.

And whether fans of teams regret losing coaches or how old coaches are is completely irrelevant. The point is no coach lasts forever. Same with Stoops. One day he will be gone, and OU football will keep going. So my condolences that you apparently feel OU football lives and dies with Bob.

And btw...how is that search going for posts I've made calling for Bob's head?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT